Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Mobile App 3.0 Released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The widget functions are also available in Force touch.
It does. :(

As soon as you go to the widgets, it starts waking the car. There is no need to wake the care every time I want to check other widgets. There should be an explicit wake button.

Maybe a workaround is to use Force touch in iOS instead of the home screen widget. It's not as convenient but the info panel is identical.

Not much different. I preferred the old UI, but either is OK. Would have like to have seen some additional stats available, like charging info. Even better would be to download the info from My Tesla. Apple watch app would have been a nice touch. I've added the widget, but have some concern as to an extra drain on the battery. Significant or not?

A few weeks ago I started seeing a small Tesla icon on my iPhone Welcome screen in the bottom left corner. Pressing it seems to have no effect. Anyone else seen this?

Supercharged earlier after downloading the new app. Only got a "charge complete...idle fees now accruing" notification. No pre-warning that the charge is almost complete, as I had received in the past. Might be a fluke. Anyone else missing the warning about being almost complete?

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
I can't get the calendar sync to work anymore either. In iOS Settings for the Tesla app, everything is enabled, but won't enable on the app or sync with the vehicle. Anyone else having this issue...?

On the plus side, a new feature seems to be that you can also use Summon to open your garage, assuming you have it linked already.

disappointed?

dunno - I'd say underwhelmed really.

New skin (meh), fixed some things, broken others.

The Remote S app is miles ahead of this and I'm not even an iphone user.
So if they have had that as the benchmark for >1 year then
have to hope there is more to come, and a fair bit better than this effort tbh.

There is just so much Tesla could do and really useful stuff too with the app without jeopardising security and leave the rest ever further behind.

Opportunity missed.

I can't get the calendar sync to work anymore either. In iOS Settings for the Tesla app, everything is enabled, but won't enable on the app or sync with the vehicle. Anyone else having this issue...?

On the plus side, a new feature seems to be that you can also use Summon to open your garage, assuming you have it linked already.
Calendar used to work fine, although sometimes you had to prod it to get working. So, that needs fixing.

Sigh.

That coupled with the supercharger fee notification failure means I think there's something fundamentally wrong with the way the new generalized multi-platform development system ("React Native"?) interacts with Apple's background and notification functionalities. They should do the work necessary to fix this, even getting the development platform to work better or improving the client-server mix to be more compatible.
For the nerdy folks out there, looks like they built it in React Native. Smart move!

Let's hope their first step was duplicating old functionality, debugging, then moving on to new features.

Last edited:
FYI...I had to completely un-install/delete and then re-install the app back again on my iPhone 7+ to allow the Calendar Sync option to enable again in the settings of the app. I think it will work fine now...

I do hope this was just the preview build that took the app into react native as someone else noted.... otherwise it was largely a waste of time and resources on Tesla's part.... I mean come on, at least let me turn the seat heaters on....