Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla mobile connector extension

kirts

Oct 6, 2019
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking for ways to extend the mobile connector (with domestic adaptor). I suspect the first thing that I will hear is that its not safe to use the usual extensions so the question really narrows down into, where can I find a cable which is longer than 6 meters? I'm looking for something 10 meters or above ideally.

I have been searching on Google for over 1 hour now so I thought its time to ask the question to the right place :)

Thank you.

VanillaAir_UK

Former Moderator
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Not sure if this is what you are asking for, but I've seen people recommend this: 13A extension lead BMW, Tesla, Nissan & Jaguar compatible (RCD options)

I can highly recommend that one, especially the inline RCD option. Just wished the socket had a neon and the RCD remained latched in event of a power cut, but minor observations.

Also worth considering the socket tester plug that checks for a number of wiring faults. This fits inside the socket enclosure when not in use so is always activated when you connect up.

GT_M3

Aug 20, 2019
Berkshire
That's pretty sweet. Is the UMC its self waterproof?

I asked this during collection day and I think they said it was water resistant but not waterproof, I.e it should not be submerged. I've not had any reason to test this though so would be very interested in anyone's real world wet-weather experience using it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC