Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 0-60 in 4.6 Seconds...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure how much chill mode slows it down, but it would probably be close.

The trap speed of 103mph is very telling, it's almost as fast as my Boss 302 up to 60 or so, and then starts to fall off quite a bit. Just a bit quieter about it. ;)
Still a fast car for anybody for on the street.

I'm not sure how much chill mode slows it down, but it would probably be close.
Chill mode DRAMATICALLY slows down my P90DL. Haven't tested it, but I bet it would be slower to 60 (floored) than the Model 3.

BTW, Model S Valet-mode also restricts speed and acceleration. I'm not sure yet if Chill and Valet have the same drive parameters or not. I may try to test those, but i don't have any sort of third party testing gear. There was an app for Model S that could connect via API and accurately measure 1/4 miles and 0-60, but haven't heard if it works on Model 3.

This makes me wonder how Motor Trend [only] got a 4.8, even with the 1 foot roll out and on a track w/ rubber and grip additive laid down at the start. Does Brook's secret test spot have a slight downhill or was Motor Tend testing someplace cold where the batteries didn't get to optimal heat?

Looking at the Vbox chart it did say there was a -1% grade I believe, which is enough to make a slight difference.
Years ago I used to like Sacramento raceway better than Sears Point drag strip, as it was flatter and could almost make almost .5 second difference in the same car.

That, headwind, road surface, temperature, elevation, voodoo witch doctors :D, and probably some things I'm forgetting can make a few tenths difference.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61 and Drivesolo
I think it would be very informative to put a Model 3 up against an S75 and a S100D. Real world tells so much more than just numbers.

Then just for laughs put it up against the P100DL! :p

I tested a S100D yesterday, around 4.1 sec on multiple passes 0-60. (no 1 foot roll out). I will test it with chill mode later

Last edited:
I'm loving these reports on Model 3 performance! Whilst it's not quite P100D performance, it's still bloody impressive!
0-110 kph (about 70mph) is all that matters as far as we are concerned, and the M3 seems to excel at that. :)

In Australia, get caught doing any more than that, and you will either be a lot poorer, or lose your licence depending on how much over the local speed limit you are.

Cya

I'm loving these reports on Model 3 performance! Whilst it's not quite P100D performance, it's still bloody impressive!
0-110 kph (about 70mph) is all that matters as far as we are concerned, and the M3 seems to excel at that. :)

In Australia, get caught doing any more than that, and you will either be a lot poorer, or lose your licence depending on how much over the local speed limit you are.

Cya

Key words - "GET CAUGHT". Find a nice stretch of road where the cops have no place to hide, look for speed cameras, remove or cover your license plates, and do some speed runs! :)

• Love
Reactions: Futuresystem
Key words - "GET CAUGHT". Find a nice stretch of road where the cops have no place to hide, look for speed cameras, remove or cover your license plates, and do some speed runs! :)

Actually I lied.... slightly. There are some remote area roads in the Northern Territory with a 130kph limit, a long way from nowhere though, and definitely no supercharger stations around there.

(Hope it's not too cold in your neck of the woods! We've just had a heat wave here!)

Anyway, 0-70mph/110kph is what matters for us, and it looks like the M3 does it superbly!

Cya

YouTuber with a VBOX did 2 runs... says 4.4 seconds both times. He refers to having selected "slip start" before his runs. I don't know. Maybe VBOX has a setting that automatically factors in a 1 foot rollout. That would still mean something like 4.7 seconds from a standstill, which is quite a drop from the 5.1 seconds advertised.

Testing done at 12:35 in the video,

That person was also driving in the hills the whole time. How do you know he didn't do it going downhill?

Quite possibly slightly downhill, but I don't care.
;)
5.1 secs, maybe 4.6, maybe 4.4, whatever, it's all faster than 99% of mainstream cars out there, and will do me!
If you're using ALL that acceleration on a daily basis, you'll have passengers complaining of a sore neck in no time.

Yes, it's not a supercar, and certainly not an S P100D, but not priced like one either.:)

Reactions: SteveG3