Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 0-60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Tesla unveiling, there were a lot of videos from the test ride and during the videos most of the drivers were doing a quick acceleration run at the beginning. Has anyone been able to find a clear enough video of the dash showing the MPH and timed how quickly it got to 60? This would give us some kind of indication as to what we could possibly expect in terms of 0-60 performance on the AWD version.

I think it will have zero relevance. I'd be willing to bet they simply used OTS parts to make a mobile demo car. What motor and battery combinations it will end up with could be anything. At minimum I guess you could say the slowest version will be as stated at the unveiling. Is that what the demo cars had? Doubtful

Some of the drivers (as heard on the numerous YouTube vids) and I am pretty sure Elon himself, have said that the acceleration of the reveal cars exceeded that of the production base model TM3 and was slower than the production performance model. Hence, the reveal cars fell somewhere in between base and performance models.

Some of the drivers (as heard on the numerous YouTube vids) and I am pretty sure Elon himself, have said that the acceleration of the reveal cars exceeded that of the production base model TM3 and was slower than the production performance model. Hence, the reveal cars fell somewhere in between base and performance models.
They were probably non performance AWD with highest capacity battery vs a base RWD.

Reactions: FranKim
Didn't Elon say during the unveil that 0-60 would be less than 6secs for the base model (and obviously faster for higher models)?
That is indeed what he said.

The base RWD model will be less than 6 seconds. The Dual Motor option will be quicker. The Dual Motor Performance option will be even quicker. No numbers were given.

So similar motor and performance options as the S and X, but we don't yet know if there will be a Model 3 Ludicrous option. My guess is there will be.

Note that Tesla has stated that the 3 uses a new motor design. It does not use the same motors as the S and X.

The base Model S 70 does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, according to Tesla's website, so if the base Mod3 hits its target of under 6.0 seconds (let's just say 5.9 sec), that's only a .4 sec difference. If we extrapolate that out to the rest of the Mod3 lineup, that would put the PXXDL configuration somewhere in the 3.2 sec range 0-60.

Reactions: pmich80