Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 2020 mirror compatibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Recently my tesla model 3 driver side mirror is damaged..(heart broken). It is still functioning but the bottom is cracked and I would need to replace it. I found a couple of model 3 2019/2018 mirror for sale online, I wonder if it is compatible with 2020? Is there any way I can check the compatibility such as checking part numbers?

Thanks all.

The newer 2020 model 3 does not have auto dimming side mirrors. In fact, the most recent cars off the line doesn't even have the wiring for it. So if you find an older mirror, might work ok.

epc.tesla.com for parts catalog

Is there any way I can check the compatibility such as checking part numbers?
Factory parts catalog can be found here: https://epc.tesla.com/#/catalog

You will need to login using your Tesla account, then select Model 3 from the banner at the top of the page. Outside rear view mirrors can be found in Section 12 - Exterior Fittings, subsection 1209 - Exterior Mirrors. You'll be shown a diagram of the mirror components. Click on it and you'll see the individual parts. If it's just the actual mirror that's broken, the driver side mirror is Part #5. There's two entries: EXT MIRROR GLASS, PREMIUM, DOMESTIC, LH M3 and EXT MIRROR GLASS, PREMIUM, DOMESTIC, LH M3 - NEC. My assumption is the second, with the term NEC, means it's the non-electrochromatic version, or the one being used on the newest Model 3 vehicles.

If in doubt about the part descriptions in the online catalog, you should contact Tesla service and inquire about the part number. They should know, or find somebody that can tell you, exactly what each part is for.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt