Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 addon dashboard $575

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DanCar

Oct 2, 2013
SF Bay Area
US $547.9 50% OFF|LCD Instrument Panel For Tesla Model 3 Dashboard HUD Heads Up Display Gauge Cluster Performance Digital LCD Best OEM Style|Gauge Sets & Dash Panels| - AliExpress
I posted this early but has inexplicably disappeared.
dashboard.jpg

Here is the link to the manufacturers web site - Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen
There are promo codes floating around on the web and you tube that bring the price down to the $550 range. I pre-ordered one in December and am looking forward to its arrival. While I understand the aesthetics discussion, I felt that the wireless carplay availability and not having to look to my right at the Speedo all the time is worth the change in the look of the dashboard.
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 12.40.54 PM.png

Can people please stop posting links to this piece of crap?

Your link didn’t inexplicably disappear. You’re clearly shilling for this company.

I don't know you or the OP. But what I do know is some people may not like to look away from the windshield to verify speed, etc. So why do you get to accuse someone or something you don't know based on nothing. If the OP should not have included a link to purchase, then simply state that.

As for me...I would consider getting something like this if it proves not to be a POS. Perhaps not as much for myself, but my wife. If it is good enough to have a display in front of the driver in the MS ans MX, why is it such an affront to aesthetics to add one to a M3 or MY??

What makes you think that way?
Wrong. I am unaffiliated. What leads you the wrong conclusion that I'm clearly shilling for this company?
It's why we can't have nice things. People never agree with one another.

I always look at these displays, and this is one of the nicer ones; but I don't need to see my speed or clock, or battery range. What I really want is to see the visualization, to make sure the car is seeing the lanes the way I'm seeing them. Better yet, put that into a HUD, so it overlays onto the windshield. That would be what I want.

(moderator note: your first post did not inexplicably disappear. I moved it to a place only moderators see, since it was a link, to a product, with zero other information. Person to person sharing of links is allowed, but just throwing some random link to a product without any other information does not look like person to person sharing, it looks like advertising.

Generally, when there is person to person sharing, there is some accompanying information, or accompanying questions, etc. If you dont want future posts like this to get moved as advertising, I suggest adding something to your post that looks like engagement, other than advertising)

Last edited:
It's why we can't have nice things. People never agree with one another.

I always look at these displays, and this is one of the nicer ones; but I don't need to see my speed or clock, or battery range. What I really want is to see the visualization, to make sure the car is seeing the lanes the way I'm seeing them. Better yet, put that into a HUD, so it overlays onto the windshield. That would be what I want.

I know some premium trims of certain brands have a HUD, but I am surprised that didn't become more mainstream.

I know some premium trims of certain brands have a HUD, but I am surprised that didn't become more mainstream.

My wifes BMW has a hud (I factory ordered it and specifically added the package that includes it, because I like them in general). A factory hud is something that I feel is missing from the model 3. I had it on my own BMW that my model 3 replaced. It was nice to be able to look straight ahead and see speed, or see music tracks in the hud.

I would have paid extra for a factory HUD option for a model 3, but I personally am not a fan of any "bolt on" type stuff like this thread is about, so I would never do those.

Definitely a "to each their own", type thing.

Well it was definitely unexplained (inexplicable) to me. Thanks for the explanation. Next time I'll add something like: What do you think? Does that cut the mustard?

(moderator content inc)

I am assuming this is a real question, so I will give you a real answer. The real answer is "it depends". It basically boils down to whether we (the moderators) believe its actual engagement with the site, or something else.

A post every once in a while with "what do you think?" probably stays.

A post made in each vehicle section with the same statement? Probably removed.

Several posts by the same person in a fairly short period of time with a product and "what do you think"?. probably removed.

I am not able to give you every instance where we might move it (or leave it).

So, the real answer is, "it depends" (on if it looks like someone just throwing random links up, etc, or actual engagement). "Actual engagement" is one of things "you know when you see", just like other types of posting.