Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 addon dashboard $575

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had the steering wheel display for about two months now and use it exclusively for speed, miles left on the battery, miles driven, state of charge and regen state (when you feather the accelerator pedal, you see how much power you’re generating to recharge the battery).

I find this display invaluable since I often check my road speed and looking slightly down is a lot easier than looking to the right where the large Tesla screen is. I have not yet used CarPlay, though I’ll get around to this at some point.

For safety reasons, Tesla should be putting this display in all cars, not just their S and X models. Tesla should focus on keeping drivers eyes on the road.

There are a dozen things I’d like to see with this display (just as there a dozen things I wish the Tesla would do on their 3 and Y models), but basically it does the job.

Reactions: DanCar and rjpjnk
I’ve had the steering wheel display for about two months now and use it exclusively for speed, miles left on the battery, miles driven, state of charge and regen state (when you feather the accelerator pedal, you see how much power you’re generating to recharge the battery).

I find this display invaluable since I often check my road speed and looking slightly down is a lot easier than looking to the right where the large Tesla screen is. I have not yet used CarPlay, though I’ll get around to this at some point.

For safety reasons, Tesla should be putting this display in all cars, not just their S and X models. Tesla should focus on keeping drivers eyes on the road.

There are a dozen things I’d like to see with this display (just as there a dozen things I wish the Tesla would do on their 3 and Y models), but basically it does the job.

the distance for the 3 vs the S screen from the road isnt significantly different. and it certainly is much quicker to check the speed on a digital gauge compared to i.e. an analogue car gauge.

the worst part about this dash is the design too. random fonts tossed together, random logos, battery gauge/km remaining on 3 different places.
there is no real concept and it looks like the guy who designed this has never driven a car.
its chinese so im not sure why they couldnt just copy the model S dash...

it also doesnt show the tesla navi or music selection on there....

Attachments

• Tesla_Model_S_P85+_dashboard_with_zero_range_(cropped).jpg
    Tesla_Model_S_P85+_dashboard_with_zero_range_(cropped).jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I don't think that's a new unit. I believe they're all made by one Chinese company and sold under various brands. I think it's the same unit I bought from Hannshow. I liked mine but switched to a Raspberri Pi solution with software from a guy who developed a solution.

More discussion of both solutions start around page 7 or 8 in this thread: