Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 addon dashboard $575

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Well it was definitely unexplained (inexplicable) to me. Thanks for the explanation. Next time I'll add something like: What do you think? Does that cut the mustard?
So the bare, bare minimum so you can continue to plug this garbage?

How about post a pic of it installed in your vehicle? Maybe with your accompanying review?

I will add, there isnt any "requirement" that someone has the product that they are asking about / posting about, nor is there a requirement to even have a tesla. @DanCar 's signature seems to indicate that they no longer have a tesla, and thats fine.

There is a line between that, and advertising (or trolling), however. I am not accusing anyone of anything, just stating my beliefs that:

1. Its not necessary to have the product you are asking about to post about it.
2. Its not even necessary to have the car the product goes in, to ask about it / post about it
3. irregardless of the above 2 points, if it looks like advertising, or trolling, I will probably move it / delete it.

My wifes BMW has a hud (I factory ordered it and specifically added the package that includes it, because I like them in general). A factory hud is something that I feel is missing from the model 3. I had it on my own BMW that my model 3 replaced. It was nice to be able to look straight ahead and see speed, or see music tracks in the hud.

I would have paid extra for a factory HUD option for a model 3, but I personally am not a fan of any "bolt on" type stuff like this thread is about, so I would never do those.

Definitely a "to each their own", type thing.

I remember you from the BMW forums, I also was a fan of the HUDs but have missed it far less than I thought I would on my Y.

Blocks the air vent. That a nice model 3/Y feature - direct climate control towards your face.

I always steer air away from my face because it drys my eyes out and makes me more tired with constant air on my face.

I’m not a fan of mods in general but I love the instrument cluster screen on the X (after coming from a 3). Pretty clever adding CarPlay to boot. I’d be tempted if I had a 3 or Y. But my biggest concern would be voiding warranties.

Reactions: DanCar
Biggest problem is that is only for sale on aliexpress - hardly the paragon of trustworthiness.
Remember you will have zero local support and that while you technically can return faulty items, you will likely need to pay international guaranteed shipped to do so.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, not doing it again - got the refund from the credit card company.

I find peering around the steering wheel to see the speed seems so odd now.

While on vacation in 2019 had a rental car and had a hard time keeping track of my speed because it seemed so strange to have to look through there. And of course I felt like I had to stand on the accelerator for a few seconds for the car to move anywhere!
I borrowed my wife's ICE yesterday and drove like a student driver! It felt so choppy and unresponsive. I actually forgot I had to use the brakes.....

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt and KenC
So the bare, bare minimum so you can continue to plug this garbage?

How about post a pic of it installed in your vehicle? Maybe with your accompanying review?
It's amazing the level of toxicity that the mention of a device like a touchscreen can bring about on this forum. It's just a gadget that gets attached to the dash of a car... you either like it or you don't like it. There's another thread that mentions the upcoming V2 of this screen where things got so heated the moderator had to delete posts and ban an individual. WTF? People have reasons for wanting one... I ordered one because I want wireless CarPlay integration allowing me to use Waze, Google maps and the Sirius XM app. That's important to me but it won't be for many others. I was planning on posting my thoughts on its capabilities but if it's going to result in a free-for-all I don't think it'll be worth the effort. If I like it, will I be accused of being a shill for the company?

Last edited:
It's amazing the level of toxicity that the mention of a device like a touchscreen can bring about on this forum. It's just a gadget that gets attached to the dash of a car... you either like it or you don't like it. There's another thread that mentions the upcoming V2 of this screen where things got so heated the moderator had to delete posts and ban an individual. WTF? People have reasons for wanting one... I ordered one because I want wireless CarPlay integration allowing me to use Waze and Google maps. That's important to me but it won't be for many others. I was planning on posting my thoughts on its capabilities but it it's going to result in a free-for-all I don't think it'll be worth the effort. If I like it, will I be accused of being a shill for the company?

The thread you are talking about, the situation that you are describing wasnt about the screen. Even though I will never use such a product, there are those who are considering it, just like you said. I hope you reconsider sharing your thoughts on it, when you get it.

Even though I personally have no intention of getting one myself, I enjoy reading about gadgets and such from people who are using them. It helps the community, as well.

It's amazing the level of toxicity that the mention of a device like a touchscreen can bring about on this forum. It's just a gadget that gets attached to the dash of a car... you either like it or you don't like it. There's another thread that mentions the upcoming V2 of this screen where things got so heated the moderator had to delete posts and ban an individual. WTF? People have reasons for wanting one... I ordered one because I want wireless CarPlay integration allowing me to use Waze and Google maps. That's important to me but it won't be for many others. I was planning on posting my thoughts on its capabilities but it it's going to result in a free-for-all I don't think it'll be worth the effort. If I like it, will I be accused of being a shill for the company?
I am looking forward to your impressions. Looks quite interesting and car play is something that would be very valuable to me.

Reactions: rjpjnk
It's amazing the level of toxicity that the mention of a device like a touchscreen can bring about on this forum. It's just a gadget that gets attached to the dash of a car... you either like it or you don't like it. There's another thread that mentions the upcoming V2 of this screen where things got so heated the moderator had to delete posts and ban an individual. WTF? People have reasons for wanting one... I ordered one because I want wireless CarPlay integration allowing me to use Waze, Google maps and the Sirius XM app. That's important to me but it won't be for many others. I was planning on posting my thoughts on its capabilities but if it's going to result in a free-for-all I don't think it'll be worth the effort. If I like it, will I be accused of being a shill for the company?

I hope you do share your thoughts as well, even though I already have a "factory one" (without the CarPlay option) ;)

I'd be very curious how the whole CarPlay thing works. There are many ways that could be wired in. Could even be some hardware hooks in the car (doubt it though).

If it's through the USB in the car it will be somewhat limited (compared to a native system).
And you'd have to always have USB selected on the Car.

It looks like there is a speaker and/or mic on the back of the unit. That's a big hint how integrated it might not be. It just raises an eyebrow.

So that could mean that's going to be your CarPlay Mic when on phone calls, Siri SMS etc. which might not work as well as the Car's Mic's.
You're phone can't easily be on CarPlay with this unit and still use HandsFree Calls with Car (built in Mic's).
How will steering wheel controls work with "CarPlay" (my guess is, they won't).

Now if they tapped into Mic's and Speakers (which I doubt) that could compromise some things in the Car (like voice commands).
There is no perfect way to integrate CarPlay that I know of as an add on.
But you might be perfectly satisfied with whatever compromises they chose, I'd be amazed if they "perfectly" integrated it. Because it's really hard.

People go GaGa when they see "I get CarPlay" but it's not that easy to "Add On" (Seamlessly).
Curious if you maintain the fidelity as well. Very likely. Maybe they do audio through bluetooth ;) (I doubt it)

My guess is the system is Android based. And that fills the claim of "OTA updates". And I highly doubt it's Android 11.
Often these OEM Android based systems are a few versions back. And will unlikely ever upgrade the Android it ships with. This is basically an Android Head Unit with a "Scan My Tesla" app running on it.

One thing that's really curious is some of the screens like the car charging screen. Even has the Set Limit button.
Did they tap into the car's system to get Tesla code to draw that screen? Highly unlikely.
Are there hooks in the Model 3 for a second screen? Doubt it.
Or did they clone all that? Impressive if they did.
Is that all photo shop screens on the ads? Most likely, if it was developed in China. And they will say something like, oh that's in future release.

Probably the most important thing is long term support.
This isn't Pioneer or Sony. And these small China shops don't always hang around for the long haul.
A large update like Version 11 (due any time) might instantly break a lot of stuff.
And will Tesla continue to not lock folks out?

I don't mean to put it down at all, but it's stuff that folks need to think about on something like this.
But I'm VERY curious, only from a technical standpoint, of what they exactly did.

I do like how it mounts.

Seriously, I wish you the best of luck with it and will be watching for reviews.
Is there any money back guarantee?

Last edited:
Reactions: rjpjnk