Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 addon dashboard $575

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received. Initial photos of unboxing. As usual from most overseas products install Instructions are a bit simplistic (think IKEA). Video the sent me earlier by request is quite unpolished.. I know there is a video on you tube from another installation that may be easier to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0455.jpeg
    IMG_0455.jpeg
    527.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0453.jpeg
    IMG_0453.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0452.jpeg
    IMG_0452.jpeg
    663 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0451.jpeg
    IMG_0451.jpeg
    774.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    660.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 82
Hansshow sent me a file to update the unit to the latest MCU version. Turns out there was an instruction guide included with this update. I have included it for research purposes. Obviously it would be much better if the guide was rewritten in clearer english and with better screenshots. Still, its a start.

Attachments

• Tesla Center Console Dashboard Screen Function Manual.pdf
    847.8 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: timeshifter
To each their own, I suppose. Personally, I don't feel the need for any additional screen in front of the steering wheel, or a heads up display. I've noticed that I have no trouble seeing the critical info on my M3's screen. Maybe my peripheral vision is better than average, though at 70 I doubt it.

Hansshow sent me a file to update the unit to the latest MCU version. Turns out there was an instruction guide included with this update. I have included it for research purposes. Obviously it would be much better if the guide was rewritten in clearer english and with better screenshots. Still, its a start.
Now that you've had it installed for a couple of weeks, how do you like it? Does everything work as advertised?

Now that you've had it installed for a couple of weeks, how do you like it? Does everything work as advertised?
There are still some things that I think that Hansshow is working on. its a pretty cool piece of tech. my big beefs are that the screen/systems sometimes touches or scroll wheel input will lag and you'll have to wait for it to catch up. Also there is an issue with Carplay phone calls having a horrible echo/delay. Which they are hopiing to fix in the next firmware release

Reactions: Mr. Big
Interesting device. Wonder how the audio gets routed to the in-car audio?
This is my question as well. Does anyone have any information on this?

As far as I know there are three possibilities: wired, WiFi, or Bluetooth. I’m not aware of any WiFi or wired input path on the Tesla, and if it uses Bluetooth it would not be capable of lossless (16/44) audio unfortunately.