Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Aftermarket Rim Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been getting a steering wheel wobble at high speeds and am not sure if it is a bent rim, wheels out of alignment, wheels not balanced properly.

What's the best way to get this issue resolved? Tesla Service Shop probably won't touch it at all correct?

Phoenix Aftermarket Rims by XO Luxury

61036714_10156818420811312_4903686735914860544_o (1).jpg luxury-phoenix-wheel-rims-5-lug-gunmetal-brushed-gunmetal-face-22x11-std-700 (1).jpg

It's worth trying before spending a lot of effort having the rims examined.
Is the wobble happening at a specific speed?
Can you see if any of the wheel weights have fallen off?
Did this wobble start suddenly or have you had it ever since you put these wheels on?

It's worth trying before spending a lot of effort having the rims examined.
Is the wobble happening at a specific speed?
Wobble happens at highway speeds, not so much at lower speeds.

Can you see if any of the wheel weights have fallen off?
I will have to check later but this is a good point.

Did this wobble start suddenly or have you had it ever since you put these wheels on?
This wobble started suddenly, it was fine when I first had them installed.

I think your recommendation above makes sense though because it started happening ever since I personally swapped them for the Aero wheels for a road trip. When I put them back on after the road trip I might have put them on crooked and not seated correctly.

This wobble started suddenly, it was fine when I first had them installed.

I think your recommendation above makes sense though because it started happening ever since I personally swapped them for the Aero wheels for a road trip. When I put them back on after the road trip I might have put them on crooked and not seated correctly.
That would make sense. Just a tiny shaving of metal or some grit could mean one of them is not 100% aligned.