TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 aftermarket Upgrades

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ruey220, Apr 23, 2018.

1. ruey220

ruey220 New Member

I contacted Racing brake for lightened two piece rotors, and they said they will look at the specs to develop ones, based on the size of the rotors. Unsprung weight advantages can be achieved with these, I will update once I hear back from them on the development of the rotors replacements. I have them on my Benz and they stop a lot more firmer with less brake fade and feel very solid.

2. TrumpetTitan

TrumpetTitan Model 3 Performance

Excellent. I'd love to be able to upgrade the brakes on a Model 3 to allow for the occasional track day, like the one that lapped Laguna Seca-- and then had to stop due to cooked brakes!

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

You've seen these, right? Link

• Like x 1
  4. pandam3

pandam3 Member

+1 I’d rather get the Mountain Pass setup. I’ve had Racing Brake in the past and they where terrible.

• Like x 1
  5. TrumpetTitan

TrumpetTitan Model 3 Performance

Good to know. I didn't know about the Mountain Pass kit. Thanks for sharing!

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  6. Lucky13

Lucky13 Member

Wow. Will you be making a kit for this? Are you a company?

Thank you

7. EVTuning

EVTuning Vendor

@Warren-RB do you have the pad shape for the rear pads. I haven't had any luck and would like to be offering some performance street and track pads as options.

8. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Are those "Model S calipers" the sport calipers or non-sport painted red?