Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 and Zappi charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I'm encountering problems with the Zappi charger, installed few days ago.

In FAST mode everything works correctly. In ECO the charge self stopping randomly and seems to start again alone after I open Tesla app or Zappi app.

Someone with same problem? It's annoying because I would charge with solar when it's producing and continue to charge with grid when sun goes down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm encountering problems with the Zappi charger, installed few days ago.

In FAST mode everything works correctly. In ECO the charge self stopping randomly and seems to start again alone after I open Tesla app or Zappi app.

Someone with same problem? It's annoying because I would charge with solar when it's producing and continue to charge with grid when sun goes down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hello
I have a Model 3 and Zappi 2. I find (although I haven’t tried it for a while) that Eco+ doesn’t work when the output from the solar panel falls below 1.4kW (Zappi requires a minimum output of 1.4kW) repeatedly. The Zappi is fine but the Tesla doesn’t like the continual on/off and stops the charging, I had to physically unplug the cable and plug it in again to get the charging to restart. Now, I have the Zappi on Eco (with maximum solar input), which means it will use the grid to keep the current at 1.4kW, and all is well. I have set the Tesla to start charging at 09:00 and the “Stats” App to stop the charging at 16:00 to maximise the chance of solar being used.
Not perfect but it works.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Hello
I have a Model 3 and Zappi 2. I find (although I haven’t tried it for a while) that Eco+ doesn’t work when the output from the solar panel falls below 1.4kW (Zappi requires a minimum output of 1.4kW) repeatedly. The Zappi is fine but the Tesla doesn’t like the continual on/off and stops the charging, I had to physically unplug the cable and plug it in again to get the charging to restart. Now, I have the Zappi on Eco (with maximum solar input), which means it will use the grid to keep the current at 1.4kW, and all is well. I have set the Tesla to start charging at 09:00 and the “Stats” App to stop the charging at 16:00 to maximise the chance of solar being used.
Not perfect but it works.
I'm in ECO mode, don't use ECO+ because I know is bit annoying.
It's ok ECO for me, but I don't know why the charge self stops. :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You are probably better off checking with MyEnergi or associated forums directly. However, I have seen similar problems that have been fixed with firmware updates from MyEnergi.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H