Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Announcement: $35k Model 3 Available, some price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP+FSD = 8K or 11K post delivery and before was EAP+FSD = 8k or 12K post delivery. So if someone purchased EAP how much will FSD cost post delivery? Still 5K? That doesn’t seem right as the price is lower now total post delivery. There are so many permutations now.

Looks like my car (bought in December 2018) is now $4,250 less expensive (allowing for the difference in the rebate between then and now). Of course mine has EAP rather than just AP...

Here is how my car would price out today (minus EAP) without Destination charges and taking into account the rebate.

Oh, and am is pissed at Tesla? Not at all. I thought that the price I paid was fair when I bought the car -- or I would not have bought it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 5.59.11 AM.png.pdf
    238.1 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: EV4EVer
This isn’t a TV. No car in history price drops like this in 6 months.

Tesla is asking for no repeat customers at this point. I for one will not be a repeat customer.
You knew there would eventually be a $35,000 Model 3, didn’t you?. The time has now come. I don’t understand the shock & awe. Surely you didn’t expect them to drop it $1,000 every year until they got to the always promised $35,000.

I’m sure part of the timing comes from the new competition that’s here or will soon be here. Volvo is already showing their release that will compete with the 3. So this was a move whose timing made sense.

Looks like my car (bought in December 2018) is now $4,250 less expensive (allowing for the difference in the rebate between then and now). Of course mine has EAP rather than just AP...

Here is how my car would price out today (minus EAP) without Destination charges and taking into account the rebate.

Oh, and am is pissed at Tesla? Not at all. I thought that the price I paid was fair when I bought the car -- or I would not have bought it!

Hey just wanted to reply to your post. The car is $4250 cheaper but doesn't include the enhanced portion of autopilot which is Nav On Autopilot, Advanced Summon, and Auto Park. That version is no longer configurable. The new autopilot is just TACC + Autosteer.

Reactions: larryj
Sure it makes sense. Tesla went from making 500 cars a month to ~ 7000.

Tesla is passing on its cost of production savings to customers.

Sorry I guess I just meant that the discounts seem “too soon” and a little unfair to the earlier adopters. I’m paying $3500 more for my LR RWD (after everything is considered) than I would of I ordered it today.

Reactions: niray9
Hey just wanted to reply to your post. The car is $4250 cheaper but doesn't include the enhanced portion of autopilot which is Nav On Autopilot, Advanced Summon, and Auto Park. That version is no longer configurable. The new autopilot is just TACC + Autosteer.

I know. I mentioned it in my post, but did not place a dollar value on it. Assuming it is the difference between EAP ($5000) and AP ($3000), then my car is now only $2250 less expensive. Either way I am good...love the car!!