Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla model 3 appreciation thread.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
start from the way back machine:

wife and i watched the march 31st tesla model 3 online presentation. as soon as the car came out on stage i thought, "eh. looks ok."
kept watching and saw the pan camera that revealed the interior and had an internal "EEK!" moment. what the hell? 1 screen, no gauge cluster... crazy people. wife saw it and said "lets reserve!"

i thought ah whatever, it is her money....

fast-forward to today when i got to drive our new 2018 model 3 long range from the marina del ray deliver center. drove it a whopping 5 miles to a friends house and was... confused. it was small, light, felt like i was driving in a glass bubble compared to my S. i was too worried about my brand new car to form any kind of opinion.

after that i drove the 26 miles to work, sadly by my own had since autopilot was still in its learning phase... the size was growing on me. much closer to my beloved miata than the tank that is the model s. the 3 is more narrow, has a smaller steering wheel and generally gives a greater sense of your surroundings. all positives. i jumped on a super long on ramp and what was that? ...did the car really just spin up its rears? hahaha lolz abound.

that whole drive to work i was still in my worrisome driving a brand new car phase. that ended with my commute home. autopilot was ready and willing now. drove a bit under my own hand and came to realize just how stable the car is. the model s drives great, but YARR... she be a hefty beast. 1,000lbs less sure makes a noticeable difference. when i did endup turning on AP, i had a little moment while listening to some retrowave song... "man, this car DOES feel like a spaceship!" here it is driving me a long at night and i dont even see the steering wheel. in that moment i remembered that i opted for the full self drive and the dreamer in me though, in a few years this car i am in today will be able to drive me anywhere under its own power. oh, and the 240Wh/mi is not bad either!

so freaking awesome. love you model 3, but my S is still a bad ass :D

39486491801_de55d5eb8a_h.jpg

@gregd she keeps saying how much more she prefers the 3 over the S. design, interior, size, speed. she thinks the P90D is way too big and too fast and has "vents". hahahaha. she still has not actually driven it though! somehow our dynamic leads to me driving pretty much everywhere if we are traveling together.