TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 'approaching' 400,000 pre-orders

Discussion in 'News' started by EVie'sDad, Apr 14, 2016.

1. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

• Like x 1
  2. CrazyRider55

CrazyRider55 Member

well in December 2016, the orders have reached to about 600,000 for the Model 3

3. Bgarret

Bgarret Model S ownin' Michigan scofflaw

Based on....?

4. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

An educated guess, I hope...

5. macpacheco

macpacheco Member

Didn't you by any chance misinterpreted the information that Tesla had US$ 600 million in reservations for all of its cars, including MS and MX, and worked backwards from US$ 1000/M3 pre order to arrive at 600k reservations ? In which case this is wrong. It appears M3 reservations pretty much stabilized at 400k. I hope it explodes to one million, but I think its not going to happen until production starts, most show rooms have a M3 for test drives and enough time passes so the more typical "I'm not going to order a product before I can test drive the final product myself" type of people get a chance to see what the M3 actually feels like and know its complete pricing structure.

6. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

It was reported last week that on the February 22nd investor call, we may get more information as to the quantity of reservations for Model 3, or if not, at least a date for the 3rd part of the Reveal that will surely include that data.

New Tesla Podcast: Introducing RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

7. Max P90D

Max P90D Tesla Addict

Yeah I'm not too sure about 600,000 reservations... However, I could be very wrong!

I think we're closer to 500,000, and that is my educated guess :)

• Like x 1
  8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Tesla has not stated that figure, and has never gone over 400,000. I am not aware of any reliable sources that state any figure over 400,000.

So I am going to say that you just made that up. If you have a reputable source, provide it.

9. cizUK

cizUK Member

I'm going for 400,000 taking into account new ones and cancelled ones due to Trump-Musk relationship...
    Most of the pre-orders were done last yr

10. rgalmeida34

rgalmeida34 Member

I'm sure hopefully it will reach a point where you don't have to wait 1.5 years to actually get the car. I'm hoping they scale production quickly over the next year, as I'm sure that is the plan.

11. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is