Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 awd lr only getting 286 miles of range at 100% charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
276 miles @100% after 22.5k miles so roughly 11%. Haven't tried recalibrating. Maybe it'll improve with warmer weather but this was in 70F temps.
I am not sure why yours is so low... m3awdbatteryhealth.PNG

I am also getting 278 miles at 100%. 2019 Model 3 Performance July build. Tesla says it's normal and that unless it's 70% or less battery degradation they won't fix anything. :( Not happy.

Mine was similar over the winter presumably from less cell capacity when cold. Warmer weather had it up to 283. A recent drain to 10% and supercharger session had it to 289. I only use 20% - 30% each day and always charge on 240V at home. I think it could be a BMS calibration issue and not necessarily degradation.

I’m having similar issues. Sometimes within the same day, my 100% SoC mile range changes by 3-4 miles.

most people’s issues started last October. Mine had 309 miles until a software update (correlation may not be causation) and in a matter of a couple weeks it dropped like a rock. I have been in the mid 280’s since then.

• Informative
Reactions: UnicornDriver
Mine is an August 2018 build AWD with 15.7k miles and when I charge to 100%, it ends up in the mid-280’s. The app shows a similar value for 100%.

I had hoped for something closer to 5% degradation, which would put it in the mid 290’s, so I’m a bit disappointed. I otherwise love the car, though!

EC93B734-9EC6-4A84-AF05-2198C558B912.jpeg

Sorry! Just seemed like all the 2018 LR-AWD's were showing 286miles.

I just looked at my charge slider today:
IMG_5783.jpeg

308 not 310, but I have a tiny imbalance since as you can see, I've been charging to 60% for something like 8 months. My charge limit right now is 99%, so 308 at 99%.

I'll set it to 90% for a couple weeks and see if the cells top up.

Sorry! Just seemed like all the 2018 LR-AWD's were showing 286miles.

I just looked at my charge slider today:
View attachment 540215

308 not 310, but I have a tiny imbalance since as you can see, I've been charging to 60% for something like 8 months. My charge limit right now is 99%, so 308 at 99%.

I'll set it to 90% for a couple weeks and see if the cells top up.
Charged to 90% last night, and the cell imbalance is gone. 278 miles at 90%.

For reference, my 2020 M3 LR AWD (with acceleration boost) has under 200miles & charges up to 321 at 100%.

I was told there may be some sort of change tesla made with the recent batteries that allow faster charging at super chargers but not sure that does anything to improve range or reduce the degradation.

My 2020 stealth performance showed 279 miles at 90% up until they have decided to change the constant and overnight it dropped to 264 miles. That was when it only had 500 miles. After 6 months I am now around 4500 miles and my 90% is at 265. This is with the 19 inch rims selected. This gives me 295 miles at 100%. According to my sticker this should be 304 at 100% but when I got the car it was advertised 310. If I change the wheels to 18 inch, then I get 282 miles at 90% and about 314 miles on 100%. I am pretty sure Tesla is going to decide to change the constant again in the future and our displayed range will change. That's one of the down sides of over the air updates. So instead I just use the percentage and don't even care about how many miles that is. I don't even have home charging available. I wouldn't stress over what the car shows as rated range since that doesn't mean anything. My car with the 19 inch wheels is rated at 260Wh/mile but my 4500 miles lifetime is 254Wh/mile. There have been instances I had much better and instances much worse. At the end of the day, your range will greatly depend on your driving style and the driving conditions.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Tesla model 3 awd lr only getting 286 miles of range at 100% charge. The car has only 12,000 miles and is 1 year old. Not sure why this much depreciation took place maybe due to cold season here in CT. Is anyone else going through this same situation. Please let me know. Really concerned. Love the car a lot!!!

I have a PM3, 10 months old with 18,000 miles and my max range is showing 289. That change just happened this week. Not hopeful that Tesla service department will be any help, as my experience with them so far hasn't been good
Tesla model 3 awd lr only getting 286 miles of range at 100% charge. The car has only 12,000 miles and is 1 year old. Not sure why this much depreciation took place maybe due to cold season here in CT. Is anyone else going through this same situation. Please let me know. Really concerned. Love the car a lot!!!