TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 Black, autopilot, premium audio, $46,000 priced to sell!

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Jmont, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Jmont

Jmont New Member

Hello, If you are in or near the Santa Barbara area, I'm offering up for sale my Tesla Model 3. I plan to upgrade to a AWD Tesla 3. I'm offering my Tesla 3 for sale here:
    Autotrader - page unavailable

If this link does not work try going to Autotrader and searching id 1046295211

2. TexasTeslaRacing

That’s a steal!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. AWD>

AWD> Member

Link worked for me, GLWS OP.

4. T-Will

T-Will Member

First used Model 3 I’ve seen at a very fair price.

5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

A new car bought in California is still eligible for full tax credit and California rebate which makes this car more ..not sure how this is a better deal than new ..when u can get zero mileage and the rebates/credit cheaper

6. KCapital

KCapital Member

Nice car, will be easier to sell on shift/vroom etc.

35K (base) + 9K (LR) + 5K (PuP) + 5K (EAP) + 1K (Delivery) = 55K

Federal Rebate: -7.5K
    State Rebate: -2.5K

Net cost: $45K

After 14K miles (should be around 22% depreciation) car has actually appreciated being listed at 46K.

• Love x 1
  7. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Buyer paid close to 9 percent sales tax on 55k and likely did not get state ev rebate . .this is a very fair deal.

A buyer would get car immediately vs waiting.. Many folks do not have a tax burden to be offset by the federal tax credit - a car like this is ideal. (And an example of why tax credits are silly)

• Like x 1
  8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Sorry not following buyer didn’t get EV rebate ? That’s like throwing away money as new owner won’t be able to claim ..assuming buyer did claim rebate the ARB has that 30month registration thing or they may make you pay back ...

9. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

There is a earnings limit on the California state rebate and one can not get the rebate and the hov stickers... The point is that there are many more that don't collect the state rebate on Teslas nowadays than those that do

• Informative x 1
  10. KCapital

KCapital Member

1. Used car buyer will also be paying the sales tax (unless it is NJ where Sales Tax is exempt on EV :) )
    2. There is not really much of a wait on Model 3 RWD, especially in California.
    3. Agree that some people may not have a tax burden to offset the federal tax credit but it is a fair assumption that majority of people who buy $50K car do have the tax burden to take benefit of federal EV tax credit.
    4. If it is low mileage than it sure is fairly priced, but at 14K miles usage it is not "like new" anymore and has to have a fair depreciation.

• Love x 2
  11. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

Also even for those who financially qualify for the CARB rebate, you're limited to two per person. Thus if you've leased EVs before you might actually not qualify anyways.

12. AWD>

AWD> Member

Market says this is a good deal, regardless of what the OP paid or received or didn’t receive.

Read the rules and give the seller a break, have some class ;)

GLWS OP, should sell quick.

• Like x 6