TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla model 3 Charger holster.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Elice, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Elice

Elice Banned

Have you ever tried this "Topfit Charger Holster"? Just saw it from Youtube.

• Like x 1
  2. fseir

fseir Member

I bought the one from Tesla for $25. Looks similar, but I wish the handle would more securely lock into the holder. I feel like it’s loose, and could fall out if I bump it, or if the cable torques it slightly. The one in this video looks pretty secure. Not sure if mine would pass the test of jostling the cable like that. Maybe I’ll give that a shot and see what happens.

3. Elice

Elice Banned

Wow,I think secure is important for Charging tool,maybe I would like to try for my X after heart your experience here.

4. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

I just got one of those two-prong utility holds from Lowe's, tightened the gap so the cable fits through but the handle does not, and rest it in there.

• Like x 1
  5. RyanS

RyanS Ka-chow

I just installed two OEM holsters from Tesla and works great. I think it’s pretty secure and sturdy as long as it is attached to the wall through a stud or supplied screw kits. It doesn’t wobble like the one in the video.
    Looks clean and easy to manage cord.
    Shipping was free and showed up at my door in 3 days. I would give 5 ⭐️ Stars.

6. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

I found that the one from Tesla even when the base it attached securely to the wall can way to easily slide up and off the base. When I go to hang up the cord I push it up into the hole and drop it back down on the hook, and a couple of times it lifted the whole unit up and almost out. Probably as it gets dirt in the joint (it's outdoor) it will move less.

-Randy

7. Elice

Elice Banned

Oh,I also found that the Tesla center sold this item for Tesla owners at the same time,and it definitely a little bit loser on its function.

8. Elice

Elice Banned

Yes,for the outside shape you can see the difference between them,Tesla one's Mouth is bigger than the Topfit one.

9. Elice

Elice Banned

Wow,really fast shipping and I got one from Topfit,Just got it in two days when I am in California for business.

10. ahkim

ahkim Member

I posted that video to show that you can jostle it around and it stays put. Overall, I'm happy with it. Bought it from Amazon. One issue is that the coil gets warm so I'll keep an eye on how hot it gets in the summer.