Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Charges Up To 20-25% Quicker At V2 Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
All you need to do is to get the 2019.20.2.1 over-the-air software update. When Tesla unlocked the full potential of the V2 Superchargers from 120 kW to 150 kW, Model 3 charging power noticeably improved, but the charging curve (power vs state-of-charge) remained similar. One of the Model 3 Long Range AWD owners – Wugz,...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/06/23/tesla-model-3-charges-quicker-superchargers/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

My 2ed time Supercharging today.

IMG_0671.jpg

Reactions: EinSV
Mine at the Sunnyvale, Calif. supercharger today (installed 2019.20.2.1 last night). From 77mi to 80% the time was estimated at 25 minutes. We did see it get to 590 mi/hr. Didn't need that much range but definitely noticed the speed increase today. Pretty impressive update which I thought was only about screen brightness and dog mode for me.

chargeSunnyvale - 1.jpg

Last edited:
Side question: Yours shows "miles added" there on your Supercharging screen, and mine has in the past as well. But this last time I Supercharged it showed "kWh's added." Can this be changed somewhere?

This:
Not sure but had on Miles and maybe switching to Percentage changes it.

Similar to how your normal charging screen changes the information displayed based on distance/energy setting, so to does the supercharging screen.