Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Delivery day - New Zealand - 2021 model - experiance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day finally comes.... whoa, it's a Boy/Girl... well let's call binary as it's Tesla 🧐

Typical friendly smiling kiwis guarding the unmarked secret warehouse at highly watched risk location for Covid-19, at Mt Wellington.
I was expecting that someone will be delivering key cards in hand and allocating the car to driver's account - so we can summon our cars contactless and jump into crawling cars like secret agents in tuxedos / or 🐧 same-different :cool:

But, instead - super friendly chap having a friendly chat letting me into secret that he doesn't own a TESLA... a shock to find non-owner at Tesla Cult gathering 😲

Contactless handover took little more than 30 seconds, 20 seconds for short talk included 😆

Taking photos of car from all angles came naturally, more felt like collecting a rental car vs own new car.

Once car turned on, there was :eek::oops:... key element of Wroom was missing (I am transiting from 4.2 Ltr Audi)... but soon realised that sound and vibration are no longer reliable, seeing is believing that car is having many icons active with hold icon appearing. lot to learn and practice to downgrade driving habits from stick to single paddle.

It was surprise to see only 25% charge, but opportunity to test skills for charging after watching endless video in last 3 months - while waiting for real car... charging visit went easy, much like renting a electric scooter first time.

Once reached home, happily waiting wife (they allow only 1 person to collect car) was outside waiting, soon to be disappointed... as all creature comforts of leather interior, motorised blinds, massage seats and long wheel base from Audi world were missing... but Our Tesla can fart in so many different fart types we never knew existed - no other car can do that.... whoopy cushion fart on demand bring her back to excitement 😂

On a proper inspection when changing super-cheap tyre valve caps noticed that car came with so many scratches and gets fingerprint when doing almost everything.... How would we get away with murder anymore - lol.

Dropped car at car wrapping place for full body + wheels + glass, PPF + ceramic coats... tints.... inside ceramic coats... whole lot...

So got my car... but don't have my car till next weekend... something to help me stay indoors and seat out level 3 lockdown.

What next? subject to Alert level changing and borders removed around Auckland - a roadtrip top to bottom north island to test out car features and get that bonding time with car 😎

• Funny
Reactions: phaduman
Congrats on your new arrival, have you chosen a name yet
Did you try out superchagers at Sylvia park or Krd

Once you get your car back, if you can't drive anywhere there is always romance mode ;)
or if you want some alone time...Netflix
You can weaponize beatbox

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
Congrats on your new arrival, have you chosen a name yet
Did you try out superchagers at Sylvia park or Krd

Once you get your car back, if you can't drive anywhere there is always romance mode ;)
or if you want some alone time...Netflix
You can weaponize beatbox
You had me at Netflix, used when parked at New World parking to charge car before dropping for work 😂

I work from home so it's going to get most juice from solar panels, Gen 3 charger already configured to charge at certain hours when sun shines. Although, once can drive away from Auckland, potential opportunity to try out super chargers and charge net network.

Yeah, congrats on the new car. I hope you enjoy it as much we've enjoyed ours
Thats the plan... it's always hard when moving away from old trusty car to new questionable time...
only 3 possibilities:
  1. Tesla will impress me (I hope) to never leave (and accept delivery for model x or cyber truck
  2. I will develop acquired test, until one day end up doing test drive of something else.
  3. I will walk away in 2 years... never to come back to Tesla.
Let's hope first 2 :cool:

Congrats! Welcome to the EV and Model 3 life!

sorry to hear that the condition of the car was less than ideal - did you take photos and raise a service request to get it sorted?

Thanks... It's exciting world with some stalker instincts kicking in to check on my car every few hours - where it is, what's the Kilometres, what is she doing? usual stalker stuff 😎

I was planning to get car wrapped so couldn't wait around to submit service request and chase up Tesla... simply dropped with detailing guys, they will cover all scratches during prep stage and get car to the state it was suppose to be delivered + protected with PPF/Ceramic etc.

I hear you re: stalker instincts hahaha.

I’ve always been a car guy so with the Model 3 I park as far away from everyone and always go for parallel parks instead of drive in or diagonal.

you will also find yourself sitting in the car for 3-5 mins after you get in to review sentry mode captures hahaha.

• Love

I’ve always been a car guy so with the Model 3 I park as far away from everyone and always go for parallel parks instead of drive in or diagonal.

you will also find yourself sitting in the car for 3-5 mins after you get in to review sentry mode captures hahaha.
Probably... once I will get my car back from detailing guys.
I work from home, so already planning multiple road trip to actually use the car.

I am least worried about where I park and how others park, for that insurance is there... why would I pay the premium and still worry 😂

annddd no matter how far away you park, there is always one who has to park right next to you

• Love
annddd no matter how far away you park, there is always one who has to park right next to you
so true... entire street stays empty but many times people down the street would literally park within meter of our drive way 😂

If you live at Auckland, you would know that how hard Auckland Transport works to bring society together - limited parking places, crammed so close together... it's either get heart attack worrying about someone bumping their door while trying to squeeze in drivers seat between cars, or remember that insurance premiums are paid to cover exactly the same.

C'mon guys, ease up. Cars (and motorcycles too) of all sorts are bought for their utility and whatever street-appeal you can find in them. I bought my last (=latest) watch because I can look at it several times a day and enjoy doing so; same with my present wife (oops!) and our red Tesla 3 LR.
Hazel prefers me to drive rather than to tolerate the part-self-driving we have Chichi do when conditions are right.
She commented, as we rocketed up to road speed to join traffic the other day, that Chichi's acceleration is 'beguiling' which I find to be the exact word.
Having owned over the years many fancy vehicles, and at some stage put a mark on most of them (which I hated doing but I looked on them as battle scars, of which I have a few myself) I have no worries about parking anywhere reasonable. People can be crass and inattentive but rarely vindictive. Teslas are not sufficiently different to draw the eye of a casual bypasser so relax and enjoy their many charms; ignore their foibles.

• Funny
C'mon guys, ease up. Cars (and motorcycles too) of all sorts are bought for their utility and whatever street-appeal you can find in them. I bought my last (=latest) watch because I can look at it several times a day and enjoy doing so; same with my present wife (oops!) and our red Tesla 3 LR.
Hazel prefers me to drive rather than to tolerate the part-self-driving we have Chichi do when conditions are right.
She commented, as we rocketed up to road speed to join traffic the other day, that Chichi's acceleration is 'beguiling' which I find to be the exact word.
Having owned over the years many fancy vehicles, and at some stage put a mark on most of them (which I hated doing but I looked on them as battle scars, of which I have a few myself) I have no worries about parking anywhere reasonable. People can be crass and inattentive but rarely vindictive. Teslas are not sufficiently different to draw the eye of a casual bypasser so relax and enjoy their many charms; ignore their foibles.
Congratulations on present wife and Chichi (M3LR I guess)