Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Delivery day - New Zealand - 2021 model - experiance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ta Audietron; When we used the basic 8 amp charger we never had quite enough free power to top up Chichi in one evening. With the Tesla wall-charger we now get out and find places to go (no hardship, by the way) so that we have a reason to pump in free power. The 8 amp thing lives in the frunk with a long lead; expeditions coming up this summer...

Reactions: Audietron
Ta Audietron; When we used the basic 8 amp charger we never had quite enough free power to top up Chichi in one evening. With the Tesla wall-charger we now get out and find places to go (no hardship, by the way) so that we have a reason to pump in free power. The 8 amp thing lives in the frunk with a long lead; expeditions coming up this summer...
I had Gen 3 charger installed right after booking a car... yet to try as some renovation around the house blocking the driveway, least till end of the November so using Chargenet charger - as efficient as supercharger from my experience.
I mostly leave my car at charge, get into supermarket to shop groceries... by the time I am back to car, car is toped up by 60-70% capacity for under $20... not bad as super charger charged me somewhat same.

The day finally comes.... whoa, it's a Boy/Girl... well let's call binary as it's Tesla 🧐

Typical friendly smiling kiwis guarding the unmarked secret warehouse at highly watched risk location for Covid-19, at Mt Wellington.
I was expecting that someone will be delivering key cards in hand and allocating the car to driver's account - so we can summon our cars contactless and jump into crawling cars like secret agents in tuxedos / or 🐧 same-different :cool:

But, instead - super friendly chap having a friendly chat letting me into secret that he doesn't own a TESLA... a shock to find non-owner at Tesla Cult gathering 😲

Contactless handover took little more than 30 seconds, 20 seconds for short talk included 😆

Taking photos of car from all angles came naturally, more felt like collecting a rental car vs own new car.

Once car turned on, there was :eek::oops:... key element of Wroom was missing (I am transiting from 4.2 Ltr Audi)... but soon realised that sound and vibration are no longer reliable, seeing is believing that car is having many icons active with hold icon appearing. lot to learn and practice to downgrade driving habits from stick to single paddle.

It was surprise to see only 25% charge, but opportunity to test skills for charging after watching endless video in last 3 months - while waiting for real car... charging visit went easy, much like renting a electric scooter first time.

Once reached home, happily waiting wife (they allow only 1 person to collect car) was outside waiting, soon to be disappointed... as all creature comforts of leather interior, motorised blinds, massage seats and long wheel base from Audi world were missing... but Our Tesla can fart in so many different fart types we never knew existed - no other car can do that.... whoopy cushion fart on demand bring her back to excitement 😂

On a proper inspection when changing super-cheap tyre valve caps noticed that car came with so many scratches and gets fingerprint when doing almost everything.... How would we get away with murder anymore - lol.

Dropped car at car wrapping place for full body + wheels + glass, PPF + ceramic coats... tints.... inside ceramic coats... whole lot...

So got my car... but don't have my car till next weekend... something to help me stay indoors and seat out level 3 lockdown.

What next? subject to Alert level changing and borders removed around Auckland - a roadtrip top to bottom north island to test out car features and get that bonding time with car 😎
How far is Wellington from Dunedin? My Dunedin buddy has ordered a Model 3 due in end of May?