Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Delivery day - New Zealand - 2021 model - experiance

Ta Audietron; When we used the basic 8 amp charger we never had quite enough free power to top up Chichi in one evening. With the Tesla wall-charger we now get out and find places to go (no hardship, by the way) so that we have a reason to pump in free power. The 8 amp thing lives in the frunk with a long lead; expeditions coming up this summer...

Reactions: Audietron

Audietron

Sep 20, 2021
New Zealand
Ta Audietron; When we used the basic 8 amp charger we never had quite enough free power to top up Chichi in one evening. With the Tesla wall-charger we now get out and find places to go (no hardship, by the way) so that we have a reason to pump in free power. The 8 amp thing lives in the frunk with a long lead; expeditions coming up this summer...
I had Gen 3 charger installed right after booking a car... yet to try as some renovation around the house blocking the driveway, least till end of the November so using Chargenet charger - as efficient as supercharger from my experience.
I mostly leave my car at charge, get into supermarket to shop groceries... by the time I am back to car, car is toped up by 60-70% capacity for under $20... not bad as super charger charged me somewhat same.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC