Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model 3 | DIY Ceramic Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks for the tip regarding microfiber specific detergent. I am planning to use Gyeon Syncro. I would like to apply this before northeast winter.

Good time to do it for sure.

One other tip on MF maintenance: wash them separately, meaning not mixing with other types or brands of MF towel regardless of the other towels' condituon. It will help with longevity and reduce shedding/lint over time.

Reactions: Falcon_Heavy
Few more questions (not clearly answered in this thread earlier):
(1) Geyon Syncro (Mohs+Skin) recommends three coats. How many MF Towel I should use per coat? my understanding is not using the same side of towel twice, correct?
(2) Geyon kit comes with four applicator MF cloths. is one applicator cloth can be use for entire coat?
(3) can you apply same ceramic coating on rims?

(1) Geyon Syncro (Mohs+Skin) recommends three coats. How many MF Towel I should use per coat? my understanding is not using the same side of towel twice, correct?
(2) Geyon kit comes with four applicator MF cloths. is one applicator cloth can be use for entire coat?

Bumping up the thread! Really appreciate if anyone can answer above questions. specially the number of MF towels & applicator cloths needed per coat.

(1) You should use at least 2 MF Towels per coat (you will get 4 quarts from each MFT)
(2) I used 1 applicator per coat
(3) yes you can but there is another product for the rims, I will assume they are almost the same, they just want to make some $$

I used Mohs+Skin, I bough it from Autopia car care using their 25% coupon, but make sure you wait more than 4 hours between coats, I waited just the minimum recommended time and I think it was not good enough, it was nice for a couple of weeks but after 3 months (and 6 washes with their Bathe neutral ph) I feel the dust stick pretty easy and I can get water spot all the time, it still maintain their hydrophobic properties, but the surface is not as smooth and it used to be.

Next time I will use Avalon King IX or Cquartz uk 3.0, just my 2 kW

• Informative
I used Mohs+Skin, I bough it from Autopia car care using their 25% coupon, but make sure you wait more than 4 hours between coats, I waited just the minimum recommended time and I think it was not good enough, it was nice for a couple of weeks but after 3 months (and 6 washes with their Bathe neutral ph) I feel the dust stick pretty easy and I can get water spot all the time, it still maintain their hydrophobic properties, but the surface is not as smooth and it used to be.

Next time I will use Avalon King IX or Cquartz UK 3.0, just my 2 kW

Thank you. Your comments are very helpful. I already received Mohs+Skin from Autogeek. Do you recommend Cquartz Uk instead, if I can return the Gyeon kit? this things are expensive. and if it won't last more than three months then it's not worth it.

Thank you. Your comments are very helpful. I already received Mohs+Skin from Autogeek. Do you recommend Cquartz Uk instead, if I can return the Gyeon kit? this things are expensive. and if it won't last more than three months then it's not worth it.

The hydrophobic still good, is just the smooth surface that I feel when I use my fingers is not the same, is like the Skin (top coat) is almost gone, which is suppose to last 1 year or something like that. I haven't try it the other products, they all have good results and Cquartz come with a top coat too, is called Gliss (similar to Skin) and is optional. Just make sure you wait 4 hours between the first and the 2nd coat, and for the last coat (Skin), wait at least 12hs (overnight).

The hydrophobic still good, is just the smooth surface that I feel when I use my fingers is not the same, is like the Skin (top coat) is almost gone, which is suppose to last 1 year or something like that. I haven't try it the other products, they all have good results and Cquartz come with a top coat too, is called Gliss (similar to Skin) and is optional. Just make sure you wait 4 hours between the first and the 2nd coat, and for the last coat (Skin), wait at least 12hs (overnight).

sure. I'll follow ur recommendation. Thanks,

My Model 3 has only 4K miles. I will use clay bar first to get all dirt out of paint and small scratches that I see. When using clay bar it is necessary to make sure car in very clean when you start and inspect what is happening when using clay bar. If clay bar picks up a little sand particle it can lead to scratching. Keep that clay clean and don't use the same piece too long.

I plan to apply Ceramic Coating DIY to my WHITE Tesla Model 3 (3 years old, always garaged, well preserved).
I've seen nice & shiny Tesla's in all colors with the ceramic coating, but haven't seen a WHITE one yet.
I wonder if any of you have ceramic-on-white?, can you post an image of before/after here? is worth my while?

I plan to apply Ceramic Coating DIY to my WHITE Tesla Model 3 (3 years old, always garaged, well preserved).
I've seen nice & shiny Tesla's in all colors with the ceramic coating, but haven't seen a WHITE one yet.
I wonder if any of you have ceramic-on-white?, can you post an image of before/after here? is worth my while?
I have used a relatively inexpensive ceramic on both our cars with excellent results. It works very well with the pearlescent White. See attached
20201123_113245.jpg

Random question, Has anyone used 'expired' Feynlab Ceramic Lite or know if it's still OK (safe) to use? I have an unopened bottle of Feynlab Ceramic Lite that was packed on 7/1/20 that has been sitting on my shelf. Their website says 1 year shelf life, but this sounds short. This will be a recoating on my Model 3, I put the original application on my Model 3 about 3 years ago and it worked great.

Random question, Has anyone used 'expired' Feynlab Ceramic Lite or know if it's still OK (safe) to use? I have an unopened bottle of Feynlab Ceramic Lite that was packed on 7/1/20 that has been sitting on my shelf. Their website says 1 year shelf life, but this sounds short. This will be a recoating on my Model 3, I put the original application on my Model 3 about 3 years ago and it worked great.

I wouldn’t risk using an expired ceramic coating as it may have started crystallizing in the bottle and when you wipe it on may scratch the surface of the clearcoat. Safer to just buy another one and use it right away.

Reactions: GalaxyExplorer