Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 DM Performance - Autocross/Time Trial Build for USCA (Optima)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to figure out the harness install on a 2022 M3P. Here is a pic looking at the front of the driver's seat, toward the door side. I don't see bolt to pop the side off. Did I miss it?

tesla_seat_1.jpg

Also, I noticed this bolt at the back of the seat.. thought this could be mounting option:

tesla_seat_2.jpg

I'm using the one for a BMW E90. Note that it's not officially approved by Schroth, so use at your own risk.

To remove the headrest, follow these instructions:

To remove the rear seat bottom cushion, follow these instructions:

Additionally, here are some pictures of the install and how I mounted it.

For the front, you need to remove this bolt (underside front of the seat, door-side) - then the side panel can pop off:
View attachment 447972

Then you can mount the clip here:
View attachment 447974

Rear mount works on the seat belt bolt as normal:
View attachment 447979

Feed the belts through based on the video trick for the headrest:
View attachment 447977

Done!
View attachment 447973
I installed my Schroth Quick-Fit Pro harness yesterday. Thanks so much for the detailed directions. Just thought I'd highlight a couple differences from the above instructions which I encountered: The rear seat cushion in my 2022 M3P does not have the rear clips. The rear of the seat bottom just fits under the seat back. Also the two electrical connections are now both located in the same spot, on the driver's side of the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2