Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 doesn’t start - bms contactor state open [Salvage - air bags were deployed on vehicle]

Kot111

Jul 22, 2022
Miami
Hi, guys 2022 Tesla model 3 doesn’t start - bms contactor state open…
Air bag was deployed I replaced main fuse as usual, but car doesn’t start
Shows : bms contactor state open
Display lost bright and stop show current millage any more

Any idea where I have to look problems?

Thank you

Attachments

• 9AEA5FE2-C241-4CAF-8F5B-51FFF8E2DBB2.jpeg
    9AEA5FE2-C241-4CAF-8F5B-51FFF8E2DBB2.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 220
I disagree. In a country with too many lawyers the liability of repairing a salvage vehicle means it can never be profitable. Why would they want that headache.

Repairing a salvage vehicle often ends with an empty wallet and a lot of heartache.
Yet MANY people and companies do it. So obviously it's not that bad. And considering how quickly they are totaling/salvaging are right now, it's not the money pit it was before.

Upvote 0
If Tesla was training mechanics to work on their cars and providing auto shops the same access to parts that the Tesla service centers then I would agree with you, but as far as I know they aren't. Tesla is the only option for repair for us. If I get in an accident, then my car is essentially worthless since Tesla will not repair it and I will have limited to no options for repair. No other auto manufacturer refuses to work on salvage vehicles to the best of my knowledge. Salvage vehicles can be made good as new in most instances.

Upvote 0
Hi, guys 2022 Tesla model 3 doesn’t start - bms contactor state open…
Air bag was deployed I replaced main fuse as usual, but car doesn’t start
Shows : bms contactor state open
Display lost bright and stop show current millage any more

Any idea where I have to look problems?

Thank you
any updates, I have the same issue with same model and year

Upvote 0

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC