Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 doesn’t start - bms contactor state open [Salvage - air bags were deployed on vehicle]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kot111

Jul 22, 2022
Miami
Hi, guys 2022 Tesla model 3 doesn’t start - bms contactor state open…
Air bag was deployed I replaced main fuse as usual, but car doesn’t start
Shows : bms contactor state open
Display lost bright and stop show current millage any more

Any idea where I have to look problems?

Thank you

Attachments

• 9AEA5FE2-C241-4CAF-8F5B-51FFF8E2DBB2.jpeg
    9AEA5FE2-C241-4CAF-8F5B-51FFF8E2DBB2.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 775
I disagree. In a country with too many lawyers the liability of repairing a salvage vehicle means it can never be profitable. Why would they want that headache.

Repairing a salvage vehicle often ends with an empty wallet and a lot of heartache.
Yet MANY people and companies do it. So obviously it's not that bad. And considering how quickly they are totaling/salvaging are right now, it's not the money pit it was before.

Upvote 0
If Tesla was training mechanics to work on their cars and providing auto shops the same access to parts that the Tesla service centers then I would agree with you, but as far as I know they aren't. Tesla is the only option for repair for us. If I get in an accident, then my car is essentially worthless since Tesla will not repair it and I will have limited to no options for repair. No other auto manufacturer refuses to work on salvage vehicles to the best of my knowledge. Salvage vehicles can be made good as new in most instances.

Upvote 0
Question: Why are people buying these Salvage Vehicles? With the restrictions on Supercharging and/or DC Fast Charging, Tesla won't work or assist, there are few to no options to get any work performed on them. I don't get it.... Seems very risky with very little pay off and huge obstacles/problems.

Upvote 0
There is a connector that is known to disconnect from the motor. Accessible from rear driver side tire well. BE sure it is snug and mileage etc will reappear. It is a multi wire plug. Not the orange HV lines.

Also access the service menu (toolbox not needed for this, more in a geofence of a service center) to see detailed service alerts to better understand the situation. As always ensure thy penthouse cover is properly attached as there is a resistive check to ensure it is on or the HV system will never engage.

Upvote 0
Question: Why are people buying these Salvage Vehicles? With the restrictions on Supercharging and/or DC Fast Charging, Tesla won't work or assist, there are few to no options to get any work performed on them. I don't get it.... Seems very risky with very little pay off and huge obstacles/problems.
Model 3’s as long as you pay for battery inspection via a SC they are un blacklisting them already, model y’s will begin 2023’s. It’s worth it to gain SC access again Etc

The service center themselves won’t do the un listing. But as long as battery health validation has been done. Tesla sends waves of unblocks periodically throughout the year.

• Informative
Reactions: 804son
Upvote 0