Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 finger Ring key?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would like this as a bracelet/wrist band vs ring. Jaguar has similar band/bracelet for their key.

@elyliu When you tap the key card on the pillar it gives you full access (drive) for a few seconds before needing to touch the console. The people with the cf console cover do this. Or you could wear the ring/bracelet on the same hand that the console is on (right hand for USA) .

No, since it check your 'ring' only when you start the car, not every X seconds
But it does mean in LHD countries (US, Canada, most of Europe) it'd be more convenient to have your ring on your right hand, and the opposite for RHD countries (NZ, UK, Nepal, etc.).

Weird that it says to supply your finger circumference rather than having a drop-down of standard ring sizes. Or maybe there is no world-wide standard.

Reactions: Tron 3
Would like this as a bracelet/wrist band vs ring. Jaguar has similar band/bracelet for their key.

@elyliu When you tap the key card on the pillar it gives you full access (drive) for a few seconds before needing to touch the console. The people with the cf console cover do this. Or you could wear the ring/bracelet on the same hand that the console is on (right hand for USA) .

Bracelet would be cool if it were lightweight and thin. The Jaguar band is fairly heavy, more like a old Fitbit/Watch with a buckle strap.

Bracelet would be cool if it were lightweight and thin. The Jaguar band is fairly heavy, more like a old Fitbit/Watch with a buckle strap.
I agree that the jaguar band is huge, way bigger than it needs to be. I've seen thin , silicon nfc bracelets (ebay, amazon etc) like those armstrong ones. That's what I would want (non yellow). Easy off/on as needed.

Also seen a person on this forum cut and inserted the nfc chip into the leather band of their apple watch. I'm not a fan of daily wearing leather watches.

Funny that the colors don't match the Model 3 colors. Where's the red and the MSM and silver?
I’m gonna vinyl wrap mine satin dark gray to match my car ;)

This is actually a pretty cool idea. Definitely a bit overpriced for a ceramic ring but I understand it’s the novelty aspect of it. I just wish they had more colors or different styles. Hopefully we’ll see more ideas like this. Someone should make an Apple Watch band with keycard embedded.

Reactions: K1Woods
I also found this one: https://www.teslaring.com/

About the same price, still a bit too much in my opinion.
Looks more interesting. They use dyed tulip wood, and optionally, you can have the Tesla logo, which glows in the dark, and it has normal ring sizes, and shipping is $15. So, it's $113 and made of wood, compared to $125 made of ceramic. The Teslaring is made in Georgia, Eastern Europe by university grads originally for a way to quickly pass their NFC-enabled university turnstiles. You can use it for other NFC enabled things I suppose like unlocking your laptop, or workplace entry pass, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and hydro 481
as model 3 will/is produced in China more accessories will be produced & available. Here is an interesting model 3 key-simply a ring on your finger. Technically you're married to model 3 (Ha! Ha!)

Tesla model 3 key ring(Custom ceramic ring made by model 3 key card) | eBay

This opens up sooooo many possibilities:
  1. Chip in a nose ring - sniff your way into the Tesla !
  2. Chip in butt plug - twerk your way into the Tesla !!
  3. Chip in a belly ring - hump your Tesla !!!