TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 First Drive Reviews

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Qualchan, Aug 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RSL2020

RSL2020 Member

Amazing that this is missed until after the tests are done.

2. rachelhikes

rachelhikes Member

I drove a $81,200 Tesla Model 3 for a week to see if it's practical for everyday driving

[​IMG]

"A week is obviously not a comprehensive test, but I’ve gotta tell you: The Model 3 isn’t just my new favourite Tesla – it’s my new favourite car.

"There is no better vehicle of this type at this price that I believe I could currently buy. I literally craved looking at and driving the Model 3. But beyond that, I now count it among the small cadre of vehicles I’ve driven in my life that I have felt fit me absolutely perfectly and satisfied my every desire."

I drove a $57,500 Tesla Model 3 for a week to see if it's practical for everyday driving

• Disagree x 1
  3. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

I appreciate you posting an article but I want to warn anyone else who, as I did, clicks through to read it. That article is written in a horrible fashion in which the author's "thoughts" are condensed into huge 20 point bolded sentences with a photo, then you have to scroll through about 5 ads to get to his next "sentence".

Every time I would scroll to read the next one sentence "bullet" I would see my browser furiously working to load more ads, cookies and garbage. Business Insider is a cesspool.

In short, it's a garbage article. Not necessarily because of the content itself, but because of the delivery format.

Borderline charlatan click-bait and ad-bait.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. CarlK

CarlK Active Member

Don't like it either but for whatever reasons that's just how BI chooses to present its articles. To be noted is the author has not always been very kind to Tesla. In this day and age that negative article on Tesla generates all the clicks for you he must truly felt that way about the Model 3.

5. McQ14

McQ14 Member

Article appeared all on one web page for me. No going from page to page waiting for it to load. Don't know if it was my browser or what (Firefox, by the way). I also use uBlockOrigin to keep ads down.
    Anyway, nice look at his experience with the car.

6. ryneezy

ryneezy Member

Looks like Jason from Engineering Explained just got a MR.

• Like x 1
  7. AriS

AriS Member

I love everything about my model 3. I've had it for about 2 weeks now. Best decision ever. Especially with the 7500 credit expiring and basically getting the MR paid for by the govt. instead of waiting for the basic model 3.
    I've driven a toyota 4 runner for 10 years now. It has 385,000 miles on it. It runs great but basically everything in it is broken to some degree and it has an cassette deck for my music (and my radio).
    So when i read about the babies on here complaining about whatever bothers them in their model 3 I just laugh. This car is like driving a rocket ship on the road. The music system, seat adjustments, etc. All A+.

• Like x 5
    • Love x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  8. StellarRat

StellarRat Member

People that are coming from later model luxury cars don't get the full "Tesla Effect" like we did. It's like stepping into a jet fighter after you've flying around in a bi-plane. Even coming from a Leaf like I did is a huge shock. While the Leaf is electric in every other way it's like a conventional non-luxury ICE car. Even my G35 Coupe was no comparison to the Model 3.

9. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

• Like x 4