Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for custom mats for a Christmas gift, any vendors make them?
I was also looking for custom floor mats for the Model 3.

I spent some time looking at various forum but I found all the recommended floor mats to be quite pricey
and I wanted to find a quick solution before ordering anything expensive.

So I had some spare floor mats (the one you put outside in from of your home door) in my garage.
A standard floor mats size is 2 ft 6 inch by 1 ft 6 inch, or 28" x 18"
You can find those in various color and material in any hardware store for about $10 ~$20.

- A standard floor mat 28" x 18" fits perfectly on the front passenger side, no need to make any cut.

- On the driver side
, you will need to make a cut for the dead left feet pedal.

- On the rear, you can put two from left to right.
They will overlap a little bit in the middle.
The Model 3 internal floor width is 53", each mat length is 28", so overlap is 3"
You will just need to cut the area occupied by the front seats rails.

- The 18" width is exactly the distance from the back seat to the bottom of the center column where is located
the rear passengers air vent and USB, so the middle area between the two front seats is also covered
and there is no need to make any cut.

Conclusion: Since the floor of the Model 3 is perfectly flat, using floor mats provides a simple and economical solution.

- This might not sufficient to protect from snow or heavy rain or water spill since there is no lip on the side,
but if you just want to protect your floor from dust and natural worn out, this would work great.

- The most difficult is to find a nice looking mat. In my case, I had some black type,
sick and sturdy enough so they don't curled on the corner after usage.

GUEST_f73d85a4-8184-4ed9-89dc-1afb899a1b15

Glad to. Hope whichever direction you go works out well for you.

Thanks. I got my mat set this weekend. They shipped faster than the day they promised and given i am in michigan was there in 2 days. Looks very good as you mentioned. Great coverage. Only issue i got into was the central lock/pin for the drivers mat. I struggled initially getting the pin deep into carpet as it would pop out. When i got it in, mat fit well but then I realized that i have the mat snug to the console plastic, but effectively leaving a few mm from driver's side where the plastic clips go. I should have probably done it the other way around. As in, placed the mat and the clips on drivers entrance edge snug, marked the hole. Then removed the clips, mat, inserted pin. It would have been a little safer since water is more likely to leak from my shoes near the door than by the console.

For passenger mat, i have it snug to door edge but that means there is a little gap from console. I may add the velcro dots they provided there (FYI to others, tuxmat gives retainer clips but they dont work because of center console shape).

Lets see how they do in winter but looks good right now.

Oh and the shipping is a flat rate anywhere in continental US. I called tuxmat initially since we are so close to them and they told me that they lose money shipping to western US (or that we in the midwest subsidize those shipments!!)

I'm glad they worked for you and you like them. I have done one slight edit myself on the driver mat since last we spoke on these. I used a piece of 2"x2" velcro on the lock/pin area to both hold it in place on the mat and make it a bit easier to adjust, should I need to do so. I definitely agree on the edge being the more likely spot water can come ion on. Another part of the reason I feel these are superior to other mats on the market.

On the retainer clips, I used two on each of the driver and passenger side next to the console, but further up. There is a slight opening there that the clips can hold the mat closer to the console. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.

I did a test with some crushed ice and mud the other day. I did not see any bleed through and they cleaned up nicely with some carpet and upholstery cleaner. I use Meguire's.

Reactions: melius
I'm glad they worked for you and you like them. I have done one slight edit myself on the driver mat since last we spoke on these. I used a piece of 2"x2" velcro on the lock/pin area to both hold it in place on the mat and make it a bit easier to adjust, should I need to do so. I definitely agree on the edge being the more likely spot water can come ion on. Another part of the reason I feel these are superior to other mats on the market.

On the retainer clips, I used two on each of the driver and passenger side next to the console, but further up. There is a slight opening there that the clips can hold the mat closer to the console. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.

I did a test with some crushed ice and mud the other day. I did not see any bleed through and they cleaned up nicely with some carpet and upholstery cleaner. I use Meguire's.

Thanks and interesting mods.

Just received my Tuxmats (floor mats, frunk, and trunk). My M3 is at the body shop due to corrosion that was found underneath the frunk rubber spacers, so I'll have to wait to post pics once I get it back.

Attachments

• IMG_20181108_134253237.jpg
    IMG_20181108_134253237.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Emmexx1
20181109_174111.jpg
20181109_174118.jpg
20181109_174543.jpg
20181109_174553.jpg

Bit busy at work, sorry for the pic delay. I am using two clips on driver side and added a third to passenger side since I had it. I still love how much these cover and how close they fit to the sides. We just had our first, albeit minor, bit of snow around here. Had some mud and snow right by the car and mats worked perfectly, as expected. I pulled out the driver side mat, cleaned it up, inspected the still new looking clean carpet and reinstalled the mat.

Reactions: melius
Bit busy at work, sorry for the pic delay. I am using two clips on driver side and added a third to passenger side since I had it. I still love how much these cover and how close they fit to the sides. We just had our first, albeit minor, bit of snow around here. Had some mud and snow right by the car and mats worked perfectly, as expected. I pulled out the driver side mat, cleaned it up, inspected the still new looking clean carpet and reinstalled the mat.

Thanks for the pictures. Am trying to understand the orientation but if I understand those clips are just in front of the console. I will look in my car tomorrow and it should be straight forward. In fact in the video posted above, i suspect there are clips up ahead that one can just see.

Since i already made a hole in the floor carpet for the pin, I am going to leave the drivers side mat as it is. One of these days, il revise it and will adjust that getting it closer to drivers side door so the mat edge is snug.

Reactions: Emmexx1