Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already have an offer of 77000

Take that and run!

I have 2 ready to configure reservations but I’m holding out for AWD this summer.

Hindsight 20/20 it would have been better for you to have worked out the deal before ordering and titled the car in your and the buyers name and then remove yourself from the title. That could have allowed the buyer the tax credit.

Our Model 3 was delivered this week. Here's how it went.
We put in a reservation for our M3 within the first half hour of of it becoming available online in 2016. We are MS owners, in AZ.
10 days ago we checked My Tesla to see if the the status had changed. The message was we could configure our car. We did.
We were told it would be four weeks for delivery.
A week later (last Tuesday) we got a call to tell us the car would be ready to pickup on Friday--that 10 days from placing our configuration order.
Our vin number is 6461.

agreed or even a MS
I keep forgetting about the MS. Because I own my business and use my vehicle for more than 50% of the mileage I can deduct 25k depreciation the first year since the GVWR for the X is over 6000 lb. I can’t get that with the MS. That’s another big chunk of money.

Someone mentioned on here a while back that you can deduct 100% of the cost. I couldn’t follow the logic so I decided not to consider it.

I paid $66000 for it[/B]. I don't think you'll find this car in the market for less then $75000. It has no mileage plus it's fully loaded with all the options model 3 has to offer. Waiting time for this is about a year at least.

Your sticker showed a cost of $60,500 vs the $66k you paid. I'm assuming the difference is taxes which means it feels like your really misrepresenting what you paid for the car since who ever buys it will also have to account for taxes.

Reactions: Reborn
80% of the purchased price, tops. So, let's see. That car can be purchased new for $58,000. Less tax deduction, $50,500. Less state incentive (for Pennsylvania): $48,750. 80% of that: $39,000. So, you've got a $40,000 car right there.

I don't qualify for tax rebates.
Just curious why you say that you won't qualify for any rebates. Everyone should be able to get the $7,500 federal tax credit (as long as they owe atleast that much federal tax). The California State clean vehicle rebate is only available to a few people with specific criteria of which income is the first one. Unless one does not pay any federal taxes (for whatever reason), you should be able to get a $7,500 federal tax credit.

Just curious why you say that you won't qualify for any rebates. Everyone should be able to get the $7,500 federal tax credit (as long as they owe atleast that much federal tax). The California State clean vehicle rebate is only available to a few people with specific criteria of which income is the first one. Unless one does not pay any federal taxes (for whatever reason), you should be able to get a $7,500 federal tax credit.
I think if you don’t earn enough, you won’t be able to take advantage of the full amount of $7500.

I think if you don’t earn enough, you won’t be able to take advantage of the full amount of $7500.

Interestingly I ran some quick numbers thinking, who would not qualify and if you are still living at home (so not head of household), single and have no real deductions you would earn about $57,500 to owe about $7,500 Federal Tax for 2017. Of course you could be earning a lot more and pay less or nothing depending on deductions, but was just curious what that min income level would be.

Reactions: Amit519
97B6780F-92A2-44D5-9281-743C7E770E89.png
Around 100 miles driven.
$85000 asking price.
Interestingly I ran some quick numbers thinking, who would not qualify and if you are still living at home (so not head of household), single and have no real deductions you would earn about $57,500 to owe about $7,500 Federal Tax for 2017. Of course you could be earning a lot more and pay less or nothing depending on deductions, but was just curious what that min income level would be.

This guy just sold yesterday in DC for 40k asking price.. FYI