Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 from Norway to Netherlands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi eveyone,

As of today, 22 August 2021, I am registered & living in Norway and my company is transferring me to Netherlands for 4 year period under 30% rule.
I am planning to buy "second hand - used Tesla Model 3 - LR" before moving to Netherlands on 1st November 2021.
The Tesla is 2019 model and its about 40000km. The seller is quoting me appx. 35000 EUR. The same configuration but new car in Netherlands costing me 60000 EUR.
(I can't find anything similar used car in Netherlands)

I understand the basic rules for taking the car from Norway to Netherlands. Apart from loads of paperwork, 3 basic taxes apply,
1. Import Tax at 10%
2. VAT at 21%
3. BPM - 0% for electric cars

Exception to the above rule is if I take my car as house hold goods. The car has to be 6 months old / 6000kms done then I am exempt from paying those taxes.

In my case the car is 2 year old and 40000km done. But I am buying this car just 2 months before departure,
What rules apply in that case? Is the car is 2 years old or just 2 months old (the date I bought this second hand used car)

Incase they see the date when I bought the car then is the taxes below I am liable for?
1. Import tax at 10% +
2. VAT at 21%

and finally what buying price will the custom department at Netherlands look at for charging the above taxes?
The buying price of 35000 EUR or the book price of 60000 EUR?

That makes huge difference in my buying decision.
Anybody with similar situation before could help me that would be great!

Welcome to TMC,

you are asking very specific questions related to Norway and or the Netherlands. You might have better luck with answers by posting these questions in the specific subforums for those areas, where its likely there are more people who may be familiar with things in that part of the world:

or

Upvote 0
Welcome to TMC,

you are asking very specific questions related to Norway and or the Netherlands. You might have better luck with answers by posting these questions in the specific subforums for those areas, where its likely there are more people who may be familiar with things in that part of the world:

or

Thank you. posted to the subforums.

Upvote 0