Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 headlights alignment example

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I know there have been a couple of similar questions, so apologies for yet another headlights alignment query, but I couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for.

I messed up my headlights settings, so decided to take my Tesla Model 3 Long Range to Tesla Service to have them re-aligned. However, the headlights arc now looks weird and 'patchy'. The service team insists the headlights have been properly aligned, but the lights coverage feels significantly worse than when I took the delivery of the car. And I also don't remember being able to see distinct individual beams as I can now see as per the below photo. What I can remember is a reasonably contiguous beam arc (unless, of course, my memory is playing up now).

The photo below is the one I took after the service, and I would really appreciate if someone could confirm if this is how things should really look like, or whether something is still wrong with the lights.

Thanks!

IMG_4113.jpg

That looks about what I would expect it should look like for properly aligned UK headlights.
The issue I have is that Tesla say that the headlights don't need adjustment for continental driving because the beam is quite flat.
Well looking at the excellent picture above I would challenge that.

Reactions: candida
Upvote 0
Is the service info available, even for LHD?

Our M3LR came with terrible adjustment, dangerously so I would argue, on unlit country roads you had hardly any illumination on the road ahead. I just aimed it at the garage and bought the drivers side up a bit, but there is clearly some process or target arrangement that should be followed?

Your pic to me looks like drivers side would be too low on an unlit road - but it’s just a phone pic so don’t take that as anything other than a comment on he internet!

Upvote 0
pretty sure I've read on here that the car has to be on a flat surface when you ''start it'' - or maybe get in, for the headlights to auto-level correctly. I would say your drivers side is slightly low in comparison to mine - and i still think mine is slightly too low for where I would like it.

Upvote 0
pretty sure I've read on here that the car has to be on a flat surface when you ''start it'' - or maybe get in, for the headlights to auto-level correctly. I would say your drivers side is slightly low in comparison to mine - and i still think mine is slightly too low for where I would like it.
That when you do a software update (they usually rebase the lights ignoring the European self leveling sensor, an outstanding bug) or if you do manual realignment

Upvote 0
Because you don’t expect it to be in any user manual!! How many new cars headlights in your life have you ever had to adjust? None in mine.
I suggest you read the manual, there are lots of things that you wouldn't expect in a 'normal' manual. More importantly, both the in-car and online versions have a search function, so even if you didn't expect to find something in a manual it takes literally seconds to confirm one way or the other. Certainly less time to start a thread and wait for replies.
This forum also has an excellent search function and of course Google will take you straight to the manual instructions or to TMC posts.

If searching isn't you thing then you could just have scrolled down to Monday's posts where someone asked a question about headlight adjustments.

;)

• Love
Reactions: M3noob
Upvote 0
I suggest you read the manual, there are lots of things that you wouldn't expect in a 'normal' manual. More importantly, both the in-car and online versions have a search function, so even if you didn't expect to find something in a manual it takes literally seconds to confirm one way or the other. Certainly less time to start a thread and wait for replies.
This forum also has an excellent search function and of course Google will take you straight to the manual instructions or to TMC posts.

If searching isn't you thing then you could just have scrolled down to Monday's posts where someone asked a question about headlight adjustments.

;)
justreadtheonstructions.png

In all cases before posting ;) The signal to noise ratio of this resource is in your hands.

Reactions: init6
Upvote 0