TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Electric_Blue, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Range is always on our minds as EV drivers, but for me the added security of AWD is totally worth it. A MkVI Gollf GTi hung me out to dry once on a wet road, when its anti-slip software kicked in and gave me NO acceleration for a couple of seconds. Very uncomfortable and I’ve only bought AWDs ever since.

2. aegidius

aegidius Member

3. Vostok

Vostok Member

• Like x 2
  4. Solar Aussie

Solar Aussie Member

5. Solar Aussie

Solar Aussie Member

Great news - we seem to have been waiting a long time in Australia but it is good also to know about price reductions as the Aussie dollar is very weak at present

6. Hovean

Hovean Member

I wonder who'll get the second one?

7. paulp

paulp Active Member

It was two batches of VIN

8. Vostok

Vostok Member

I doubt Tesla will actually sell any of the first batches they make (say 100-200 of them). They will be used for homologation, testing, possibly demos etc.

I wouldn’t want one of the first 100 anyway. Although very little changes between LHD and RHD due to the design of the Model 3, so hopefully material bugs will be few or non-existent and they’ll be just as good as the LHD ones rolling off the line now.

• Like x 1
  9. paulp

paulp Active Member

Yes its awfully nice of all those amercan buyers to take the hit on defects identification and rectification for the rest of the world on the new models.

• Funny x 1
  10. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

I do hope we get a 50-year car . Given how it is the first model it hopefully doesn't have any planned obsolesce and all the non-reliability issues should be ironed out. maybe we even get some extra tech or a discount. There gotta be some upsides to buying a 3 year old car.

11. Solar Aussie

Solar Aussie Member

Simple request - How do you LIKE a post? I see some posts say Like x 1 or Funny x 1 but I can't find where to click to give a response and as I am a newbie what better than to ask the experts on the list already!

• Informative x 1
  12. mhh

mhh Member

Hit one of these.

Attached Files:

13. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

You have to have made a certain number of posts before you're allowed to like/love/funny other people's posts.

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  14. Solar Aussie

Solar Aussie Member

Thanks. I am new so that is why.

15. Solar Aussie

Solar Aussie Member

I am now getting the option of rating comments so "musk have passed first musker"

• Like x 2
  16. paulp

paulp Active Member

Wasn’t funny enough for a funny, so just gave you a welcoming “like”

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

18. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

• Like x 1
  19. Murbs

Murbs Member

Building in May/June definitely guarantees delivery in our winter. What's interesting is that Tesla would traditionally build Australian cars at the start of each quarter rather than towards the end of the quarter. This is so that those cars get delivered later in the same quarter and not into the next quarter. It seems that Tesla is going to break that tradition and simply produce model 3s and get them to us as soon as possible regardless of the fact the cars will traverse quarters.

20. paulp

paulp Active Member

According to the press today there are a group setting out on an expedition to prove the the world is flat.....so does elon really know for sure that the earth is round? There is evidently a giant ice wall around the edge, and we are in a big snow dome type structure.