Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two bobs worth:
I used the calculator to see whether a 2wd or 4wd was better for range
Range is always on our minds as EV drivers, but for me the added security of AWD is totally worth it. A MkVI Gollf GTi hung me out to dry once on a wet road, when its anti-slip software kicked in and gave me NO acceleration for a couple of seconds. Very uncomfortable and I’ve only bought AWDs ever since.

Reactions: Miggy and baillies
According to CleanTechnica, Tesla has now registered the first two RHD VINs - so the RHD Model 3 is coming!

New VIN Registrations Reveal That The RHD Tesla Model 3 Is Coming! | CleanTechnica

Speculation is the configurator will open up in the UK in 2 months and Australia soon after:

UK to get Model 3 configurator within 2 months, Australia to follow | The Driven

You read it here first... if you hadn’t already read the above websites! :p:p:p
I wonder who'll get the second one?

I wonder who'll get the second one?
I doubt Tesla will actually sell any of the first batches they make (say 100-200 of them). They will be used for homologation, testing, possibly demos etc.

I wouldn’t want one of the first 100 anyway. Although very little changes between LHD and RHD due to the design of the Model 3, so hopefully material bugs will be few or non-existent and they’ll be just as good as the LHD ones rolling off the line now.

Reactions: Miggy
I doubt Tesla will actually sell any of the first batches they make (say 100-200 of them). They will be used for homologation, testing, possibly demos etc.

I wouldn’t want one of the first 100 anyway. Although very little changes between LHD and RHD due to the design of the Model 3, so hopefully material bugs will be few or non-existent and they’ll be just as good as the LHD ones rolling off the line now.
Yes its awfully nice of all those amercan buyers to take the hit on defects identification and rectification for the rest of the world on the new models.

• Funny
Reactions: Candleflame

I do hope we get a 50-year car . Given how it is the first model it hopefully doesn't have any planned obsolesce and all the non-reliability issues should be ironed out. maybe we even get some extra tech or a discount. There gotta be some upsides to buying a 3 year old car.

Simple request - How do you LIKE a post? I see some posts say Like x 1 or Funny x 1 but I can't find where to click to give a response and as I am a newbie what better than to ask the experts on the list already!

Hit one of these.

Attachments

• CCE831DC-0F44-488C-9E41-434DF295FC70.png
    CCE831DC-0F44-488C-9E41-434DF295FC70.png
    159 KB · Views: 57
Simple request - How do you LIKE a post? I see some posts say Like x 1 or Funny x 1 but I can't find where to click to give a response and as I am a newbie what better than to ask the experts on the list already!
You have to have made a certain number of posts before you're allowed to like/love/funny other people's posts.

Hopefully he's talking about Australian winter, I think he probably is:
- He knows the planet is round
- He has spent time here
- May/June builds surely wouldn't wait until end of year

Building in May/June definitely guarantees delivery in our winter. What's interesting is that Tesla would traditionally build Australian cars at the start of each quarter rather than towards the end of the quarter. This is so that those cars get delivered later in the same quarter and not into the next quarter. It seems that Tesla is going to break that tradition and simply produce model 3s and get them to us as soon as possible regardless of the fact the cars will traverse quarters.

Hopefully he's talking about Australian winter, I think he probably is:
- He knows the planet is round
- He has spent time here
- May/June builds surely wouldn't wait until end of year
According to the press today there are a group setting out on an expedition to prove the the world is flat.....so does elon really know for sure that the earth is round? There is evidently a giant ice wall around the edge, and we are in a big snow dome type structure.