Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it done, like others above, also paying cash, so final screen looks like this. Glad to see Autopilot is featured bottom-left, no doubt an effort to address what was highlighted during the recent earnings call - the single biggest reason for service calls to Tesla is a lack of understand of how to use Autopilot.

Completed.png

Reactions: m4rtin
my screen now looks like this
Mine is blank (white) under the Next Steps header, to the left of the right column (Your Model 3 \n RN.... \n etc...).
Clicking Overview shows ticks next to Order and Prepare for Delivery only (i.e. not for Payment and Delivery, logically, as I haven't paid yet).
Chose Cash option.
Change to the Australian site and it should be the same as mine.
(below)
Ah yes, I see. Weird that one can go to the US version by default...

Last edited:
Mine is blank (white) under the Next Steps header, to the left of the right column (Your Model 3 \n RN.... \n etc...).
Clicking Overview shows ticks next to Order and Prepare for Delivery only (i.e. not for Payment and Delivery, logically, as I haven't paid yet).
Chose Cash option.
Change to the Australian site and it should be the same as mine. I noticed when I was on the US site mine was blank as well

• Informative
Reactions: bay74
Hi all,
Have been following for a month or so and enjoying hearing all your news and information. Am completely new to the EV scene so picking up lots of valuable info - thanks all.

Even though I put my registration address as ACT, my home address is VIC and it is prompting me to pick up in Richmond. Wondering how this will be handled. I ideally want it at the apartment in ACT....

Have ordered SR+ in red and want to complete checkout. I live in Canberra and like yourself Meowsers was hoping for a Canberra delivery, but was notified when completing initial part of checkout that I have to pick up in Alexandria. Is ACT delivery no longer available? what have previous ACT based S and X owners found? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

So just under 1k TM3s arriving on the ~16th August. They all coming with an older firmware and will take few days to get updated, charged before dispatched to delivery centers on trucks. Looks like some token deliveries end of August are possible after all.

@Fantomsss now we have been getting through checkout, was wondering if your source had any further information since these series of posts August 2.

We haven’t seen any sightings from NZ yet. They could be looking in the wrong place of the cars were moved away from the port.

Is the August 16 arrival date still good?

@Fantomsss now we have been getting through checkout, was wondering if your source had any further information since these series of posts August 2.

We haven’t seen any sightings from NZ yet. They could be looking in the wrong place of the cars were moved away from the port.

Is the August 16 arrival date still good?
I reckon we'll know today, implicitly. If NZ invoices happen today, then those deliveries could be early next week. If we still don't have invoices/VINs/delivery appointments, might have to reset the anticipation for kota ekspres.

It will make sense once you’ve ordered
Maybe but unlikely. @1st in Line implied I lack passion, even though I shared the same line as he on that cool morning, Thursday 31 March 2016. Quelle horreur!

I imagine what will happen is that I’ll place an order and then some time later I’ll receive an email or text from Tesla informing me to start the process to accept delivery.

Maybe but unlikely. @1st in Line implied I lack passion, even though I shared the same line as he on that cool morning, Thursday 31 March 2016. Quelle horreur!

I imagine what will happen is that I’ll place an order and then some time later I’ll receive an email or text from Tesla informing me to start the process to accept delivery.

Deeds not words count Vostok!

Your ownership of a Nissan Leaf and a Powerwall 2 highlight your passion more than my musings about the merits of going out to Botany Bay to catch a glimpse of the Cap Capricorn.

We are all disciples of the same religion.

Anyone who either joined the cue on day 1 or anytime thereafter is as worthy as any person who tightened just one nut and bolt in the manufacture of the Model 3. Hopefully we all look for a cleaner and better future for this little blue planet.

Reactions: Vostok
Sooo...it looks like you can get it registered in one state, and pick it up in another? I used an ACT address but it is asking me to pick up in Sydney.

Well I want mine registered in ACT. Tesla doesn't have facilities there so you will just need to take care of the rego yourself as I understand it.

Anyways, I've made it clear to them via email that I just want the car and will handle the rest on my own.