Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In an effort to relive the angst I took a drive out to Autonexus on Sunday. It didn't help.

If the cars stay in containers from the ship, and they are processed at Autonexus this could be the very first place where we'll be able to see them in all their glory.

Firstly, there was nothing going on on a Sunday. The gates were closed, there didn't seem to be anyone around, there were no truck or vehicle movements in or out.

But there was quite a few car carriers parked nearby.

IMG_20190811_152431308.jpg
IMG_20190811_152437131_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190811_152657501_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, I think what would be interesting is if/when you start to see containers arriving there, would almost confirm it. I can't think of any other manufacturer that would containerise and certainly not in the amount for M3 deliveries.

Nice stalker shots. Next level stalker rank awarded for this effort. Nice recon. Just need a long lens and drone. Any sign of chargers?

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
I got my details filled in too.
Pick-up in Alexandria (Sydney) and Pepper Money loan approved weeks ago.

Shame there is no option to have our custom plates transferred over. Looks like its going to be an extra cost. What a waste getting random black/white plates put on only to have them swapped out for custom plates.

Attachments

• m3t.jpg
    m3t.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 80
Well I want mine registered in ACT. Tesla doesn't have facilities there so you will just need to take care of the rego yourself as I understand it.

Anyways, I've made it clear to them via email that I just want the car and will handle the rest on my own.

Not true. Just called Tesla. They said the car will be delivered to the ACT, despite what the website says. You won't need to go to Sydney for picking up the car. They are still working out if it will be some sort of delivery hub in Canberra, or direct to your address.

Not true. Just called Tesla. They said the car will be delivered to the ACT, despite what the website says. You won't need to go to Sydney for picking up the car. They are still working out if it will be some sort of delivery hub in Canberra, or direct to your address.

I didn't say they won't deliver it there I just said they don't have facilities. They won't be able to register the car in your name as they are not a dealer in ACT.

If they wanted to do this another way they would have to go to AccessCanberra with a form allowing them to. (Authority to act as Agent). I highly doubt they are going to do this with every car ordered.

71 Grady Cres, Erskine Park NSW 2759

A place to check for TM3s in few days. If someone nearby and has - drone. You could go look for Tesla charging infra in the car park. Would be a clear give away.

@Fantomsss put this up. Hopefully, @Fantomsss can confirm this as fact or speculation, as well as my earlier post asking for confirmation, if possible, of August 16 deliveries from the earlier post. I think this would ease the uncertainty people are feeling.

Would be good if anyone in Auckland had any inside into where the Model 3s would be unpacked up there. An Auckland stakeout with evidence of Model 3s would confirm for us kiwis our cars arent far away and would also cement it for our Aussie cousins that Cap has their cars. Does Auckland have an Autonexus yard too or does NZ use a different company?

Reactions: Vedaprime