TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Electric_Blue, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

Existing AA clients have 7 days to insure a replacement car on their policy after taking ownership,

2. Togusa09

Togusa09 Member

I'm getting a ceramic coating as part of the lease, but it's the lease company organizing it and I just take it in after I get the car. I have looked at prices for PPF and while it would be nice, it was quite expensive.

• Like x 1
  3. 1st in Line

1st in Line Member

I have a few bottles of ceramic coating waiting desperately to get applied...

I was not really willing to spend thousands on wrapping.

• Like x 1
  4. korda

korda Member

Same Perthboat. Got the invoice earlier this week and rego papers today. Too bad delivery is in late October.
    I had to ask what the DECLARED AT field in the rego papers was for, turns out it's for the suburb you sign it in?

• Like x 2
  5. safaribob

safaribob New Member

Received my invoice today confirming VIN 5YJ3F7EB5KF4433XX and build date 09/07/2019
    Delivery date is scheduled for Oct 17 in Perth

Veda, perhaps not split production for this sequence after all?

6. Danforged

Danforged Member

Is the invoice emailed or attached to your account on tesla.com?

7. origamiarmy

origamiarmy Member

I self applied ceramic coating - did a practise run on the golf before selling it and even with no experience and fairly haphazard application the end result was excellent. The only downside is that its fairly labour intensive and took 3-4 hours to clean car then apply but the cost is <200 for the liquid. No protection from stone chips though.

Wrapping is low 1000's up to 3-4k+ depending on partial vs full and I just can't see the return on investment over the life of the car for me personally but plenty of people find it's worthwhile. Someone mentioned a good way to judge is to look at an existing car with a few stone chips and think whether you'd spend 1.5k to fix those and if the answer is no then wrapping probably isn't worth it for you.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  8. TeeThreee

TeeThreee Member

Unless, of course, you can't buy the car you want in the colour you want.
    That then can swing Wrapping to be a more attractive option.
    I very much liked a silver Model 3 with the aero covers also in silver.
    Changes them from a functional but not particularly attractive look to a mix that goes well together.

9. TH232

TH232 Member

after received the confirmed delivery date and time, received the rego papers to sign an hour later. Of course needs to be printed and scanned in colour and my printer decided that today was the day it decided to die....

• Funny x 2
  10. SandyP

SandyP New Member

For owners of SR+ "Partial Premium" Audio – Would like to know any related feedback about audio. I have seen reviews about "Premium Audio" and how it will further improve with v10 and later updates. However, upgrade to "Premium Audio" is not a software upgradeable option for SR+ models. Thanks.

• Like x 3
  11. TASKA9

TASKA9 Member

If this is any consolation, I haven't even got a VIN.

• Like x 3
  12. Hagrid

Hagrid Member

Spoke too soon. Tesla just called to advise there is damage to the rear quarter and it won’t be ready till next week! Hope they do a good job fixing it. I wish the delay was due to the 12v battery instead.

• Like x 1
  13. Tom Alexander

Tom Alexander Member

I had a pickup in Sydney yesterday, got cancelled at the 11th hour due to 12v battery and a large scratch. Got pickup now tomorrow 1:30pm

• Like x 1
  14. OGpuddle

OGpuddle Member

I was also tentative for Monday in Perth but have just had confirmation it’s pushed back to Friday the 20th :(

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. Lozza12

Lozza12 Member

Emailed.

• Like x 1
  16. jason66

jason66 Member

Quick show of hands... Anyone with a white interior still #Vinless?

#Vinless :(

• Like x 2
  17. Priit

Priit Member

What ceramic coating do you have? There appears to be a large amount of suppliers and they all think theirs is the best. I am considering getting some and doing this myself also.

• Like x 1
  18. Fumiphobic

Fumiphobic Member

Me!!!:( I regret changing the interior but I am sure it will be worth the wait.

• Like x 3
  19. Hairyman

Hairyman Member

Emailed as an attachment

20. Dudley

Dudley New Member

Same for me too