Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations - what model and colour? If you are in Melville come and print it here.
thanks for the offer, Techno-phile but managed to sort it out...nothing under my control gonna delay this...turned out it was just a cheap toner cartridge on ebay (new) that was faulty..bought a 'proper' outrageously expensive one that got it working. Blue M3P+, I'm in Booragoon so close by though so no doubt we'll see each other around.

Reactions: wipster
“Reversing out of my garage would be a significant pedestrian risk without the so-called “annoying” beeping - which as soon as any pedestrian hears it, knows exactly what is going to happen next. So there...

What have you implemented for your current car? This doesn't sound like an electric problem.

I think you need a speaker built into the garage which when you hit a button plays warning noise for a minute or so.

Or do you drive a hot rod and rev loudly before you reverse?

See you at the Garden City shopping centre chargers in a month and a half, that's my local too :)
It is going to be more crowded at Garden City, but AMP promised an upgrade to T2 chargers 18 months ago (and more than just two bays). I go to gym class every morning and charge whilst I am there. A shop owner has a Model S and tends to charge in the afternoon. Fortunately Woolworths in Mt Pleasant now has six 22kW T2 chargers in its new underground car park! See you guys there.

Reactions: wipster and DavidRL
What have you implemented for your current car? This doesn't sound like an electric problem.

I think you need a speaker built into the garage which when you hit a button plays warning noise for a minute or so.

Or do you drive a hot rod and rev loudly before you reverse?
Look, just get one of your groundsmen to walk ahead with a lantern and banner.

(Not your butler obvs - can’t have conflict between downstairs and gardens)

It is going to be more crowded at Garden City, but AMP promised an upgrade to T2 chargers 18 months ago (and more than just two bays). I go to gym class every morning and charge whilst I am there. A shop owner has a Model S and tends to charge in the afternoon. Fortunately Woolworths in Mt Pleasant now has six 22kW T2 chargers in its new underground car park! See you guys there.
Why are you charging at your local shopping centre rather than just charging at home? Surely it is better to leave these chargers for travellers?

Why are you charging at your local shopping centre rather than just charging at home? Surely it is better to leave these chargers for travellers?
These are 5 year old 7kW chargers - not suitable for or used by travellers. Only used by locals who patronise local businesses for an hour or so.

“Terrible and annoying”? Well, not to me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. My garage is built right on my property boundary, exiting directly on to the footpath. Reversing out of my garage would be a significant pedestrian risk without the so-called “annoying” beeping - which as soon as any pedestrian hears it, knows exactly what is going to happen next. So there.

And considering people barely reverse for more than a few seconds, how “annoying” can those noises really be to anyone?

As to “The Tesla solution is much better” - they have a more noise-like than whine-like forward alert sound. I’m curious as to how is that “much better”?

I might be wrong, but it is my understanding, that it is illegal to reverse out of a garage onto street, exactly for the reason that it is dangerous to reverse out - with or without warning sounds - since the driver always has more limited visibility when reversing.

I always reverse into my garage so I avoid reversing onto a small lane behind our house when I come out of the garage.

To me a key advantage of EVs is their lack of noise pollution. While I am happy to do all that can be done to ensure the safety of visually impaired pedestrians, I just hope that the "solution" for EVs is not one devised by ICE car manufacturers or others with vested interests.

I might be wrong, but it is my understanding, that it is illegal to reverse out of a garage onto street, exactly for the reason that it is dangerous to reverse out - with or without warning sounds - since the driver always has more limited visibility when reversing.

I always reverse into my garage so I avoid reversing onto a small lane behind our house when I come out of the garage.

To me a key advantage of EVs is their lack of noise pollution. While I am happy to do all that can be done to ensure the safety of visually impaired pedestrians, I just hope that the "solution" for EVs is not one devised by ICE car manufacturers or others with vested interests.

Not according to this- Is it legal to reverse out of your own driveway?

It looks like I am still on track to take home delivery in Adelaide next Thursday, September 19. Allegedly, I will be the first in Adelaide, but who knows. This morning, I received a service appointment (Tonsley Bat Cave) for a week later than that - September 26 : not sure why, but perhaps to check all is fine after home delivery, or maybe even to fix the 12V battery issue. I would be interested if Perth delivery recipients or other Adelaide delivery people have had the same pattern, ie a service appointment a week after home delivery ?

I can't imagine it's to install HomeLink, but I guess it gives me an excuse to ask about that while I'm there.

Also, my VIN now appears under my Reservation Number in my Manage area. Perhaps this is because I sent payment a couple of days ago, so all is locked in ?

(Taking delivery of Pearl White P3- , existing/previous owner)

How does

How does this product compare with something like Meguiars ceramic wax that can be purchased at Supercheap?
HYBRID CERAMIC WAX
Spray on coatings will always be poorer than directly applied ceramic coatings
Additionally, for spray on coatings, Turtle Wax Seal N Shine has been shown to be more durable than both Meguiars & Mothers versions

I might be wrong, but it is my understanding, that it is illegal to reverse out of a garage onto street

If that's the case then pretty much everybody on my street is breaking the law. Which doesn't mean it's not the case. :)

Though seems like it would be an ineffective law, as requiring that people not reverse out of their garage/driveway just means that everyone will be reversing in. You're going to have reduced visibility one way or the other (unless your driveway is large enough that you can do a K-turn in it).

I’ve just ordered 2 bottles of Avalon King from your recommendations.

Same. The poor Avalon King guys must be wondering wtf is going on in Australia that has everyone making a run on ceramic coatings.

I would be interested if Perth delivery recipients or other Adelaide delivery people have had the same pattern, ie a service appointment a week after home delivery ?

I'm tentatively scheduled for home delivery in Adelaide on 27-Sep for a SR+. Have not heard anything from Tesla and my account has not changed since recieving and paying the invoice.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyingReindeer