Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took a leaf out of Tesla’s book an decided to be really cagey to my daughters (4 and 9) about the exact delivery’s date.

This paid off as they had to move the date earlier to get the car off the floor (they refer to it as Tetris). Had to come up with a new plan for the kids real quick. I’d already arranged for time off work and school, had the whole first day meticulously planned out. I still feel the kids missed out on an evening delivery becuase they had to go to bed for school the next day.

The wall charger install was interesting as the electrician had never done one and didn’t read the manual. I wasn’t entirely clear how it was going to mount on a pole. I realised that installing a 50mm galvanised pole was a mistake, I should have gone with 50mm PVC/nylon and the pole should be higher than the wall charger otherwise you cant roll the cable around the charger itself.

Just went past Carways in Mitchell. Silver car just driven away by its owner it seems. No sight of big quantities, just the couple pictured.
CC5E5384-E3C2-4F35-86AD-15E98F807396.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: TaylorP and SSSimon
For the Canberra M3 (soon to be) Owners, have any of you been contacted today (or in the last week) I can't get in touch with anyone. I'd happy head to Carways to pick it up if I can organise it

Also how are you dealing with plates? I've got mine ready to go but unsure of how they will attach, apparently in QLD the support centre is attaching plates with super strong doublesided tape.

Got my blue P3- from Alexandria yesterday lunchtime.
Experience was rushed but friendly.
Initial impressions the paint was good.
2cm scuff under front bumper no one will see unless I run over them
Glass was fine.
Driver mirror wont adjust out, i thought it was broken. Turns out all rhd model 3's have the same problem. Not a biggy.
Front door alignment is off. Enough that I will book it in to fix.
Most alarming was the missing/thin paint coverage inside front door pillars and passenger side rear boot hinge.
Iam hoping this can be fixed. I've heard Tesla are not so good with this.
I would be interested in knowing how other Blue 3P- owners did in the same VIN range 488xx

20190926_143423.jpg 20190926_160305.jpg 20190926_160052.jpg 20190926_155906.jpg 20190926_160347.jpg

For the Canberra M3 (soon to be) Owners, have any of you been contacted today (or in the last week) I can't get in touch with anyone. I'd happy head to Carways to pick it up if I can organise it

Also how are you dealing with plates? I've got mine ready to go but unsure of how they will attach, apparently in QLD the support centre is attaching plates with super strong doublesided tape.

@Bowdad, mine is supposed to be at 11:30 today, no contact from anyone yet. Not sure going to Carways will help, cant reach Tesla as well, the no info is very frustrating.

Reactions: SSSimon
@Bowdad, mine is supposed to be at 11:30 today, no contact from anyone yet. Not sure going to Carways will help, cant reach Tesla as well, the no info is very frustrating.
Thanks for the confirmation Mendol, if I get any information which is of use I'll be make sure to make yourself, Grazer and other Canberra soon to be owners aware.

I ordered by driving up to Sydney at 11PM on the 30th of March.. queued in front of the store with 7 other like minded individuals and ordered the car before it was publicly revealed. I'm dying to get this thing!