Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started transferring payment for my car yesterday (daily banking limit means it'll take a few instalments). Just noticed then that the first payment I've made now shows up in my source code.

Good to know that it's going through!

Yes it was the same for me, payments made on the weekend show up Monday/Tuesday.... payments made weekdays show up after around 24 hours...

After delivery, should there be a "Documents" section in my account? There was one briefly after I placed the initial order, but it disappeared shortly after and never returned...

Same. I lost that section within a few days (max) of placing the order, and it never returned. Even after taking delivery, the only doc I can get out of my Tesla account is the online manual for the car.

Wouldn't worry too much about it. You'll still get the car. Just be careful to retain the e-mail Tesla sent with your Order Agreement attached. That may be the only copy you'll ever get.

I would like the ability to order accessories online...

I assume i can do it by phoning the delivery centre, but I also expect them to be busy....

Hopefully this is will be available soon...

I tried calling last week, but I couldn’t get through. I have sent an email to the Sydney Service centre asking if I can order via email. I’ll post when they get back to me.

Trigger warning. The following video could offend owners inextricably attached to their new spacecraft.

Almost said goodbye to my model 3 this morning :-(
http://myattachments.s3.amazonaws.com/2019-10-08_06-00-00-front-trim.mp4

I didn't hear any audible alarm. AP not engaged. I presume that it was not picked up by the collision avoidance given the approach angle. It is hard to tell really.

Last edited:
Trigger warning. The following video could offend owner inextricably attached to their new spacecraft.

Almost said goodbye to my model 3 this morning :-(
http://myattachments.s3.amazonaws.com/2019-10-08_06-00-00-front-trim.mp4

I didn't hear any audible alarm. AP not engaged. I presume that it was not picked up by the collision avoidance, hard to tell really.

Looks to me like a classic case of inattentional blindness. [see also: http://www.chabris.com/Simons1999.pdf)

The other driver was 100% focussed on squeezing in between the two cars going the other direction and that was an uncomfortably narrow gap, so he/she had to go right behind the first car... and in the rush the brain did not even process that your car was on the road as well.

I love the Sentry Mode and dash cam facility. Driving schools ought to use some of these recordings to highlight unusual situations and unanticipated dangers to people learning how to drive.

Obviously, none of the above could prevent your heart attack when it happens...

So your Model 3 took no evasive action?
You were the one that "hit the breaks" (is that still a term for Model 3's?) and swerved?

Separate question: can these video's have a time stamp?

A timestamp would have been helpful, but it is at least the start time is encoded into the filename.

The model 3 definitely did not swerve. I acquainted myself with the brake pedal only when I saw it coming into my lane. Collision avoidance is normally fairly sensitive and will alarm at anything in the forward field view.

I do wonder if it might have been different with autopilot engaged. As discussed here earlier. One does not engage autopilot anywhere near roundabouts.

Last edited:
Reactions: MonicaPlease
If you go into "View Details" a bit more information comes up including the original order document..
I see no such thing.

All I see are:
Exterior
Deep Blue Metallic Paint

18’’ Aero Wheels

Interior
All Black Premium Interior

Options
Premium Interior

Autopilot

Supercharging Status
Learn More
Pay Per Use Supercharging

Warranty
Learn More
Battery and Drive Unit

8 years or 192,000 km, whichever comes first

New Vehicle Limited Warranty

4 years or 80,000 km, whichever comes first

I am beginning to seriously worry that something has happened to my car and Tesla has failed to notify me about it.

I am now beyond livid with Tesla. No call today about my second failed delivery. Not only haven’t they called me but they haven’t responded to my emails, calls go unanswered and messages are not responded to. [The following email addresses simply never respond: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]].

Tesla has a serious problem with communication. I can understand that staff are under pressure but my experience goes way beyond that as an explanation. I still don’t have an answer as to where my car is. It has been paid for, insured and registered for two weeks (I have the documents and the plates). Where is my car? I have now had two failed delivery appointments on 27th Sep and 4th October, and on both occasions, I have heard nothing from Tesla. This is a business purchase and this is costing me money.

I have only ever had 3 successful contacts with Tesla about my vehicle. Firstly, a phone message left on 18th Sep telling me of my 27th Sep delivery date. Secondly, an invoice was finally sent after I begged for an invoice in an email (response only came after Agnes from Pepper chased it up). Thirdly, after multiple calls to multiple numbers (4 hours in total over 4 days) I eventually talked to Louis from deliveries on 30 Sep and got another appointment for 4th Oct.

Why do I as the customer have to chase Tesla, the seller ? This is >$70000 worth of goods that I (my sole trader business) owns (not Tesla). I even have the documents to prove ownership. Why doesn't Tesla respond to any emails or phone calls?

I am beginning to seriously worry that something has happened to my car and Tesla has failed to notify me about it.

Yeah, I'm very concered about Tesla and their sales team. Not even got the car yet but your situation sounds much worse.

Put deposit on the car last week and the next day wanted to change the spec, should be easy. I called up Tesla and they said I can do it on the site. Apparently they used to have a design viewer for it but not anymore!

Put request a change, waited a week and... nothing. Continued waiting and still nothing.
Called about it on Friday and they said someone will contact me on Monday. Called them up again and apparently they do have someone on deliveries and he will be contacting me shortly. So now either a) hopefully I do get the call or b) nothing happens and I call again.

I'm fine with waiting for the car I just want to make sure the specs have been changed.

Charging fault fixed!!! Took the Canberra ranger Zac all of 5 minutes to reseat a connector on the penthouse under the rear seat.
So thrilled! Now everything truly is perfect!
I finally had electrician come by today and hook up the garage charger to controlled load. It looks great and charges close to 8kwh now. He also added a 15A socket for me that I can use to charge from my solar when the sun is out using Tesla portable charger.

IMG_20191008_154624.jpg

I see no such thing.

All I see are:
Exterior
Deep Blue Metallic Paint

18’’ Aero Wheels

Interior
All Black Premium Interior

Options
Premium Interior

Autopilot

Supercharging Status
Learn More
Pay Per Use Supercharging

Warranty
Learn More
Battery and Drive Unit

8 years or 192,000 km, whichever comes first

New Vehicle Limited Warranty

4 years or 80,000 km, whichever comes first
When looking at the details I can see the order agreement:
Tesla_details_20191008.jpg

Right under the Delivery Documents section. Strangely enough, my final invoice never made it to my account. I only got it through email.