Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now, to move it from a paper vehicle, into my driveway.
Are you gonna ask them the ETA?

I will probably ask them later this week. See, my worst fear is becoming the reality where they would call for the delivery date when I'm not available. And it is not going to wait for me. I will probably talk to them after Wed about my dilemma. I have already told them once, but not sure if they kept the record.

Are you gonna ask them the ETA?

I will probably ask them later this week. See, my worst fear is becoming the reality where they would call for the delivery date when I'm not available. And it is not going to wait for me. I will probably talk to them after Wed about my dilemma. I have already told them once, but not sure if they kept the record.
Hit up finance provider to get that renewed (since more than 90 days have passed since I stupidly went out and got the first approval for a delivery that never happened. Once that has been done, I will get them to hit Tesla for an invoice and delivery date. The finance company was actually able to see that I had a vehicle assigned to me, which was a nice confirmation of the hidden VIN.

I will see how you go when you hit them since your delivery situation is similar to mine anyway. Please update when you hear what is going on.

TESLA OWNERS ARE AWESOME!!!

My Tesla Model 3 has been nominated as 'Groomsmans' car for a friend's wedding this coming Saturday. I wanted to do it without the Aero's. (I like them, but they're not everybody's cup of tea...)

Problem was, Tesla didn't have stock of the wheel cap kits that replaces the Aero's. (centre hub cover and wheel nut caps)

Tesla just called to say somebody who had ordered it and it's in stock, gave it up for me - for the wedding.. so I can pick up tomorrow at Richmond.

So whoever you are out there who gave up your Aero cap kit for me... THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!

Again...

TESLA OWNERS ARE AWESOME!!! THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!

EDIT: and I must add those who diss Tesla Service - I explained the situation - wedding and all - in email, they called the customer who ordered the kit, apparently explained the situation and asked permission to give it up for me -- that customer apparently most kindly obliged - and then Tesla called me 3 times while I was on a conf call with a Customer - Tesla finally texted me AND left a voicemail, to tell me they're available and explained how they became available... soo...

THANKS ALSO TESLA SERVICE RICHMOND! That's going above and beyond...

Yes yes I know it's just a small parts kit not a whole car or major thing... but perhaps we can view this as When Tesla CAN they DO...... which I think is a positive thing...

Last edited:
## SPREADSHEET UPDATE ##

Just a quick one this time.

The VIN number validator has now been updated to include the new VIN numbers we are starting to see with the letter C for the 8th digit.

Oh, and I now have my model 3. Picked her up on Friday afternoon at 4pm and OH MY GOD, the best decision I ever made was to become a Tesla owner!
Glad to hear you finally have her. It’s been a while

Measured 12V Battery voltage today and was surprised to find it sitting at 15V. That's too high for a standard 12V automotive battery.
When being charged I would expect 14.0-14.4V

I'll do some other spot checks at different times but if it remains at 15V it will be cooked prematurely.

Deep cycle AGM batteries can usually handle up to 15V absorption voltage, but it should drop to 13.8V once the battery is charged.

Reactions: Vedaprime
We received a letter from Vicroads today stating that they identified we had recently purchased an EV and enclosing our blue EV stickers for the number plates.

But later in the letter there's this line:
"If you are the owner of a Tesla that already has electric vehicle labels on its number plates, please disregard this letter."

So they would already know we have a tesla and that Tesla typically install the EV stickers prior to delivery. Seems like a lot of money is being wasted sending out irrelevant letters to Tesla owners

So they would already know we have a tesla and that Tesla typically install the EV stickers prior to delivery. Seems like a lot of money is being wasted sending out irrelevant letters to Tesla owners

Got the same letter and thought the same thing.

Bit like the email I get every morning from one of my suppliers that says "Here is your backorder report. If there is no attachment in this email, you have no backorders"

Fishing for options and support from fellow Australian enthusiasts awaiting their Tesla 3 Performance VIN. Just found out that I have been switched to grey 20” wheels on a grey car(midnight silver). Not a fan of the combination. Love the pictures posted of the silver alloys, on all colours.. Options? Take delivery and buy new aftermarket wheels? Is that even on option on this version? Odds of swapping with someone in Sydney who wishes they had the grey? Given the ordering choices, I would have gone with white exterior originally, which looks okay with grey wheels, and saved $1500. Reordering, will cost me thousands and I go to the back of the queue. I initially only upscaled to the T3 performance, to avoid the grey aero wheels, but in time came to look forward to the other package features. I don't know how anyone is expected to have any confidence in pricing, options, etc, when Tesla pulls stunts like this.

Apologies for the downer vibe, but not happy Jan.......
Hi there Electro664, Just wondering when you "ordered", as in configured the car to what was available on the website, and paid a 'deposit' and agreed to the wheels, "i.e. silver', was what you thought you were getting. Tesla have now changed what you wanted while you wait for delivery. Tesla did this for me for two things when I ordered and subsequently after order reneged on them without any mention. Whilst I absolutely love Tesla and its mission I absolutely disagree with their mechanism to change orders however they choose between deposit and final payment. They are really setting themselves up for failure if they continue to follow this path. Coupled with their newly introduced policy of refusing to allow anyone to reorder the same car for a year if cancelled for whatever reason it really seems if they are giving the lawyers lots of potential. In crude terms, if I order a red Tesla and then I get told it is now a blue one I either get to accept it, or refuse it and now have to wait a full year. WTF?

Last edited:
Taken our model 3 into the service centre this morning. Live updates on the app. :eek:

The post delivery experience seems a lot better than being in the reservation / order process.

Attachments

• 844CFC5D-F49A-4A9D-AAD0-95312AFC5D15.jpeg
    844CFC5D-F49A-4A9D-AAD0-95312AFC5D15.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: nigwil and TASKA9
I got my P3D- delivered to my house today, it seems I got a Friday arvo car >:-(
List of things wrong with it:
- missing the freaking T logo on the boot (performance stealth lol)
- paint defect near the tow hook
- scrapes on corner of rear glass
- one window doesn't go up/down by itself when you press the button all the way
- some window felt is out of whack
- other minor paint stuff

The soonest service appointment here is December...

Pros: s3x on wheels
Cons: quality controln't

I got my P3D- delivered to my house today, it seems I got a Friday arvo car >:-(
List of things wrong with it:
- missing the freaking T logo on the boot (performance stealth lol)
- paint defect near the tow hook
- scrapes on corner of rear glass
- one window doesn't go up/down by itself when you press the button all the way
- some window felt is out of whack
- other minor paint stuff

The soonest service appointment here is December...

Pros: s3x on wheels
Cons: quality controln't

Damn...So they're still pretty consistent with this deliver first and fix the damage later approach. :(

Fishing for options and support from fellow Australian enthusiasts awaiting their Tesla 3 Performance VIN. Just found out that I have been switched to grey 20” wheels on a grey car(midnight silver). Not a fan of the combination. Love the pictures posted of the silver alloys, on all colours.. Options? Take delivery and buy new aftermarket wheels? Is that even on option on this version? Odds of swapping with someone in Sydney who wishes they had the grey? Given the ordering choices, I would have gone with white exterior originally, which looks okay with grey wheels, and saved $1500. Reordering, will cost me thousands and I go to the back of the queue. I initially only upscaled to the T3 performance, to avoid the grey aero wheels, but in time came to look forward to the other package features. I don't know how anyone is expected to have any confidence in pricing, options, etc, when Tesla pulls stunts like this.

For those who have just been told the P3+ they ordered will now come with 20 inch rims, and you really want the silver rims, I am just north of Brisbane (near Caboolture) , and am happy to swap my silver 20 inch rims (as new, unmarked with 2500 km on them) with some of the new grey ones. Our car is a white one and I think they look great with the darker wheels. PM me if interested. PS, the 2500 km in the first 3 weeks came with an electricity bill of $17 for the same time period - we are in the process of upgrading our 2.5 kw solar system with another 7.5 kw so I never have to pay for electricity again. PPS, the car has been perfect - very impressive performance, great sound system. All my ICE cars (including a quite quick Mitsubishi evolution lancer etc.) now feel broken...

Last edited:
Reactions: TaylorP
Hi there Electro664, Just wondering when you "ordered", as in configured the car to what was available on the website, and paid a 'deposit' and agreed to the wheels, "i.e. silver', was what you thought you were getting. Tesla have now changed what you wanted while you wait for delivery. Tesla did this for me for two things when I ordered and subsequently after order reneged on them without any mention. Whilst I absolutely love Tesla and its mission I absolutely disagree with their mechanism to change orders however they choose between deposit and final payment. They are really setting themselves up for failure if they continue to follow this path. Coupled with their newly introduced policy of refusing to allow anyone to reorder the same car for a year if cancelled for whatever reason it really seems if they are giving the lawyers lots of potential. In crude terms, if I order a red Tesla and then I get told it is now a blue one I either get to accept it, or refuse it and

Hi TH232:

Thanks for your support. To answer your question, LR performance order placed Sep2. Confirmed to me from the Sydney Tesla delivery centre, email today, if your LR perf has not been delivered, you will have the grey performance wheels. Also confirmed, October slides to December delivery, and only an estimate. I don’t see how this can be reliable, based on what little information I can garner. Build a Tesla 3 LR performance right now gives you a November estimate, and only changed from October, last week. Surely they are setting new purchasers up for disappointment, right from the start. The wheels are only a small issue. I think I can swap them, maybe thru this forum. There are bigger issues. Precedent now that Tesla will alter my vehicle order agreement, without notice, or even a human to explain it to me. Tesla Caught out right now regarding impossible new order delivery schedule. I had to drag the new estimate, out of the centre. Never have had a voice call returned(first time, this week, two calls). Nameless, email. Delivery of vehicles with scuffs and scratches, with no clear policy of rectification. Am I enough of an enthusiast, to accept a 100K+ car in that condition? What does it say about a business that would bring it to me in that condition, putting me on the spot?

I don’t have a leg to stand on, expecting Tesla to be concerned about my concerns. My car, which has not been built yet, and apparently already has someone queuing up to pay 5K more. Doesn’t help, having capitalism working against you.

Thanks to all those sharing factual experiences, good and not so.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hungry Mile