Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seem to be a lot of orders getting queued up for December. Things seem to be getting handled a lot more smoothly than when Tesla pretty much went dark for October.

Based on postings(and I have been reading since ordering a P3D over two months ago), order fulfillment has finally started on the June orders, for a potential December delivery. Up until the past few days, it has only been posted that older reservations for a P3D had been filled. Happy to stand corrected. The only reliable heads up on where one sits in the queue, appears to be this forum. I would appreciate reading when July/August P3D orders, receive a VIN, or an estimated delivery date.

I will post likewise.

• Helpful
Reactions: TadleyD
The only reliable heads up on where one sits in the queue, appears to be this forum. I would appreciate reading when July/August P3D orders, receive a VIN, or an estimated delivery date.

I had no reservation, a June order, July change to white and a September delivery. I wouldn't really call what Tesla is doing a queue. Only the good lord knows when you will be delivered a car :rolleyes:

On an unrelated note, got my Abstract Ocean LED light replacements today for the back, so much brighter than the factory LEDs. Took 30 seconds to swap over.
Would recommend.

IMG_0167.jpg

Last edited:
Hello to all the lucky M3 owners. I just got a Vin today so 4 month wait for me. But my question is do the Australian M3s have a removable cap for tow hitch on the underside of the rear bumper. I'd imagine a later change as defn not on older models. Any pics would be good. Thinking about importing tow assembly....

Official photos from Europe. The european style hitch wont fly here though so no idea what tesla will do...

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=NDVHTUpoaGNvSTdWVm1RQTJVNVcwWEw1bGRGNFF3

Unfortunately tow mode would be a software enabled option. Might be best to wait for Tesla to release something here? Or buy another car for towing lol. I have a Land Cruiser for that purpose.

You could buy the US aftermarket one.
Tesla Model 3 (2017 - Present)

I've just seen my 'secret vin' appear (5189xx). Very excited.

VedaPrime's spreadsheet indicates it's likely arriving in Sydney on Dec 13. Does anyone have info on how long it takes to get the cars to Melbourne and into delivery after the ship docks in Sydney?

I'm guessing I should expect a January delivery but I can't help hoping for Christmas present this year.

You can definitely make up the cost of the replacement wheels. I’ve been offered $3k for the set, which I have declined as I’m waiting to swap for the dark grey ones that come on the new P3Ds. Keep in mind if you take them off like I did straight at purchase they have 4 pretty much brand new Michelin PS4S which are essentially $500 a piece in addition the wheel value... To buy straight from Tesla they are charging $6500
@meowsers did you get Tesla to replace the wheels as part of your delivery process?

One thing’s for sure. Tesla’s customer service is simply atrocious

Amen to that. The cars might be good but the their customer service is simply the worst I've ever encountered of any company....period... not just car companies... The seem to operate the business like a secret Ghost ship...keep customers in the dark, never answer phones or emails, try very hard for customers to never find out any direct contact numbers or be able to escalate an issue and if they do, they make sure you NEVER EVER answer or even bother to call the customer back.

The Tesla fans like us were willing to be the guinea pigs but I can tell you that at least half a dozen of my work colleagues who can easily afford a Tesla and were contemplating it have seen my post delivery "customer service hell" and have run as fast away as they could. There's more to buying an expensive $100k car than just how well it drives...you expect to have some sense of security and comfort in dealing with the company post purchase and Tesla has clearly demonstrated they don't have the resources or even the interest/desire to give a damn once you've driven off the showroom floor.

The car is great....the company is like a dodgy Ebay seller who sold you an item and then cut off all communication once it was delivered and you are just sending email after email hoping for a miracle to happen..

Is it possible to email service type questions to Tesla? As I mentioned previously, I have an issue where scheduled charging always starts at 16A and I need to manually dial it up from 16A to 32A. I have several photos of it that I would like to send to Tesla.
I've seen this too, but I think it can be solved by scheduling the charging, then press the + button to crank up the amps to 32A. This will generally start the charging immediately, so you just need to press "Stop Charging" in the top right of the charging screen. it should then be all set for charging at your preferred time, but at 32A. It's weird, but I think this workaround works.

I've seen this too, but I think it can be solved by scheduling the charging, then press the + button to crank up the amps to 32A. This will generally start the charging immediately, so you just need to press "Stop Charging" in the top right of the charging screen. it should then be all set for charging at your preferred time, but at 32A. It's weird, but I think this workaround works.

That doesnt work for me. As soon as I click on Enable Scheduled Charging, it sets the limit to 16A. The only way currently is to wait until midnight and go out to the car and wind it up to 32A. I have emailed service to ask them.

The only way currently is to wait until midnight and go out to the car and wind it up to 32A.

I had the same weirdness with mine. After manually setting it to 32A a few times it should start to remember. Don't mess with any settings in between; just schedule it for your preferred time and as many amps as it will allow, and then if/when it starts charging at only 16A dial it up, from inside the car, to 32A (and touch nothing else) and then let it finish charging.

Note that the displayed amps on the charging config screen, when not charging, will still show 16A. However when the car actually starts to charge it should go straight to 32A (especially if you don't mess with the scheduled charge settings between charges).

Last edited:
@dmaunder - not sure if you've seen it, but there's a thread on this in the UK pages: Scheduled charging restricted to 16A
Seems to be pretty random and no real fixes yet. Hopefully the forthcoming software update 10.36.1 which includes changes to scheduled charging (i.e. "be ready by 7am", rather than "start charging at midnight") fixes it. Let us know if Tesla Service gets back to you.

Thanks, nice find, I hadnt seen that. Definitely the exact same symptoms.

Reactions: Ranu