Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are you using the heated seats or HAVAC?
Interested to know about your energy consumption here, with a very chill drive, mostly using auto-steer, the best I've managed ion that route s 170Wh/km
After 6200k's, average is 162Wh/km. The car performs better around the low 30 degree celsius. HVAC does drain, it drops to 120Wh/km if the weather is mild and you don't need AC.

So I got the invoice today as well. Ordered 12/11 Red SR+ and was assigned hidden VIN and the call from Tesla last week indicating Mid Dec delivery.

VIN 6054xx which should be on Debussy as per tracking sheet. However invoice suggests a build date of 9/11 and a compliance date of 9/11 as well. This means it couldn't be on Debussy? May be on Cap Capricorn? My year end delivery hopes are probably not that realistic.

Reactions: TASKA9 and Vostok
So I got the invoice today as well. Ordered 12/11 Red SR+ and was assigned hidden VIN and the call from Tesla last week indicating Mid Dec delivery.

VIN 6054xx which should be on Debussy as per tracking sheet. However invoice suggests a build date of 9/11 and a compliance date of 9/11 as well. This means it couldn't be on Debussy? May be on Cap Capricorn? My year end delivery hopes are probably not that realistic.

My invoice shows build date 10/11. SR+, VIN 6060XX. Tesla told me the car is on its way heading down under. Yours are quite close to mine so there is a good chance it's on the Debussy.

Check with VedaPrime if in doubt.

My invoice shows build date 10/11. SR+, VIN 6060XX. Tesla told me the car is on its way heading down under. Yours are quite close to mine so there is a good chance it's on the Debussy.

Check with VedaPrime if in doubt.

Thanks

From @Vedaprime 's excel, it appears Debussy left US on 3/11 so it possibly can't have our Teslas. First one to leave after 10/11 is Cap Capricorn which is going to get here on 20th December.

Edit: From marine tracker it appears Debussy touched long beach again on 17/11 and that's when it probably picked our vehicles. If that's the case, we should be well on track for mid December delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaylorP

I'm a bit sad. Ordered 17/10 and still haven't heard from Tesla. Sad - but still more excited than I am sad and definitely not complaining. I keep reminding myself of all the people who put deposits down and have been waiting for years. I can wait a few more weeks.

Glad for you that you have had the call and the invoice. That's awesome.

It was Debussy, there was a second pickup at Long Beach Nov 19

Hi guys,

I have received the invoice too! It's getting real!

I do have a question about the registration form. We don't plan to use custom plates, and just use the plates Tesla supplies. So which option should we tick on this part of the form? Thanks!

upload_2019-11-30_11-54-44.png

Reactions: TASKA9
Tesla sent me this form together with the invoice. I'm not a concession holder, but I don't buy cars that often. So a bit confused. :)
I would have thought that Tesla does all that for you and you would get a vehicle with standard plates and registered in your name. The form you portrayed above looked like a concession holder registration form (but different to the Vicroads website). Anyway, I wouldn't have thought you would need to register the car - that is Tesla's job.
You should be able to ask for and get the black and white plates which are standard issue.

I would have thought that Tesla does all that for you and you would get a vehicle with standard plates and registered in your name. The form you portrayed above looked like a concession holder registration form (but different to the Vicroads website). Anyway, I wouldn't have thought you would need to register the car - that is Tesla's job.
You should be able to ask for and get the black and white plates which are standard issue.
I just received my invoice earlier this week along with that form. If you could see the whole form, it is just a dealer authorisation to register form, not a registration form. So literally the simple form to fill out which authorises Tesla to register your car.

Tesla supplies slimline plates by default (black / white letters). I’d just tick slimline just in case, fill out your name and license number, sign and email back. Everything else done for you.

I just received my invoice earlier this week along with that form. If you could see the whole form, it is just a dealer authorisation to register form, not a registration form. So literally the simple form to fill out which authorises Tesla to register your car.

Tesla supplies slimline plates by default (black / white letters). I’d just tick slimline just in case, fill out your name and license number, sign and email back. Everything else done for you.

Cool. Thanks mate!