Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it impossible to get the white interior on the Standard Range M3?

just get the white leather seat covers from... taptes i think it was. they look amazing, protect the actual leather and imho black door trim white interior looks better than white door trims with white interior but i.e. black centre console. keep in mind it will make the interior feel tiny bit smaller

I saw a youtube video while back someone mentioning the white seats introduces more reflection/glare on the infotainment screen compared to black seats. One might argue that the black seats attracts lot of heat so better to go for white. hehe. comes to personal choice I guess..

just get the white leather seat covers from... taptes i think it was. they look amazing, protect the actual leather and imho black door trim white interior looks better than white door trims with white interior but i.e. black centre console. keep in mind it will make the interior feel tiny bit smaller

There is a warning not to use seat covers on page 30 of the manual:

Seat Covers
Warning: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. Also, if the vehicle is equipped with an occupant detection system that is used to determine the status of the passenger front airbag, seat covers may interfere with this system.

There is a warning not to use seat covers on page 30 of the manual:

Seat Covers
Warning: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. Also, if the vehicle is equipped with an occupant detection system that is used to determine the status of the passenger front airbag, seat covers may interfere with this system.

it could, but it doesnt.

Hey guys, I just changed my order from a LR to SR+ simply because it saves 25k.

But i am still bit concern about the range. Can anyone tell me the range SR+ can hit in reality? I normally have AC on all the time. Thanks guys.

Good Idea to save you $$ if you can. I guess you need to look at the kms you do in your usual week and how often you want to charge. If you travel heaps then the few extra kms for $25K may give you peace of mind.

Real world for me (and before Corona) is that I charge once per week on Sat / Sun to 70% (LR P-). Gets me through the week easily. Seems with more and more superchargers popping up, the SR+ value is a good option for many.

Good Idea to save you $$ if you can. I guess you need to look at the kms you do in your usual week and how often you want to charge. If you travel heaps then the few extra kms for $25K may give you peace of mind.

Real world for me (and before Corona) is that I charge once per week on Sat / Sun to 70% (LR P-). Gets me through the week easily. Seems with more and more superchargers popping up, the SR+ value is a good option for many.
exactly. i use my car for the commute about 30km a day. on weekend, it really depends, under 100km I guess. i live in Melbourne btw, . i would like to have performance as well if $$ is not a main concern. LOL. Thanks for you input, mate

Hey guys, I just changed my order from a LR to SR+ simply because it saves 25k.

But i am still bit concern about the range. Can anyone tell me the range SR+ can hit in reality? I normally have AC on all the time. Thanks guys.

I've actually gotten 305km out of my SR+ with about 50km still up my sleeve. I did that just as an experiment.
There are enough Tesla/ChargeFox/NRMA chargers around today that you only need 150 - 200km range, which is about my bladders range anyway.