TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Electric_Blue, Sep 7, 2016.

1. HudsonTiger

HudsonTiger Member

Cheers

2. HudsonTiger

HudsonTiger Member

3. HudsonTiger

HudsonTiger Member

Hi yep I will make sure I do that

4. Anubis

Anubis Member

Welcome, I echo everyone else's comments. I've had my SR+ for 13 months now and haven't had to get Tesla involved for anything.

Don't forget to use a Tesla referral link code BEFORE you start ordering. It's an actual link you need to click on to start the order process. It will give you over 1,500KM of free Supercharging. PM me if you would like my referral code.

5. Vostok

Vostok Active Member

My LR Model 3 is almost 12 months old now and has been flawless. No panel gaps, misalignment or any obvious build quality issues.

OK, not quite flawless, the tyre pressure warning indicator icon is permanently lit up on the central screen. But that's a minor annoyance. Tesla didn't know how to fix it when I took delivery (they tried resetting the TPMS but that didn't clear it) and said if it bothers me they'll have another look at it if I want to bring it in. The TPMS works, the car reports the pressures correctly, but the warning icon is stuck.

6. HudsonTiger

HudsonTiger Member

Hi
    I can't wait to get the performance model

7. Vedaprime

Vedaprime Member

3E8B74B5-4A4F-435B-9AA8-66402D23E71A.jpeg

Posted a bunch of stats on twitter for Q4, 2020, and 2014-2020 for those interested in the numbers.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Love x 1
  8. Vostok

Vostok Active Member

Do you have total Tesla shipments to NZ? Curious to know if their “per capita” Tesla penetration is higher or lower. In terms of BEV overall, NZ is way ahead of us per-capita.

9. Vedaprime

Vedaprime Member

• Informative x 1
  10. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

Even better is the OpenData portal. You can break down the data however you like and get details on specific models for a specific time period

• Helpful x 1
  11. Miggy

Miggy Member

There are about 2,000 Tesla's in New Zealand, the numbers sold are new sales only and do not include private imports.
    How many Tesla's in New Zealand | Page 9 | Tesla Motors Club

12. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

Lets face it,

How many thieves would know exactly where to place the Tesla Key Card on the car to unlock it?

13. Fazza

Fazza Member

Solution.. pin to drive

14. moa999

moa999 Member

Opportunistically - not many.

But if you've been handed a card the day before (as I suspect happened in this case), even dumb thieves can use YouTube.

• Like x 1
  15. jason66

jason66 Member

So my Model 3 performance was built October 2019. Does that mean it has the noisemaker? PXL_20201226_083527378.jpg

16. moa999

moa999 Member

Look under the panels.
    Afaik all non-US models will have the holes and likely wiring harness, but no speaker.

• Helpful x 1
  17. jamesgo

jamesgo Member

There is no speaker in the Aust Model 3's

Yeah, I went to the effort of looking behind there. There is the wiring harness, but the speaker is missing.

18. jason66

jason66 Member

Wiring harness you say? That gives hope for an easy upgrade! Although it's a case of careful what you wish for. As much as I want to make my horn a goat noise, I'm still not keen on the actual primary purpose of the speaker.

19. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Active Member

I have changed my mind about this. I used to love the idea of being silent at low speeds, but now I think we need the option to make a noise.
    Pedestrians can't hear me at low speeds- they are completely safe because I am not going to run them down, but if I end up driving behind them, I have to drive at walking speed until they realise I'm there- or until they change direction!
    The horn is too loud for warning them- scares the crap out of them.
    So I WANT a low-speed, soft noise I can toggle on or off to let them know I'm there.

• Like x 3
  20. Stratman

Stratman Member

We don't want this. Drive for the environment you are in. If it gets on the gov radar and gets implemented, you can be sure there will be no toggle to turn it off and will more likely become law.

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1