Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my 3 lowered today with Unplugged Springs and sway bars....oh what a difference! Soooo much better handling with near stock feel for the comfort part of the spring (they’re variable springs). I may need to upgrade my wheels so they’re staggered and better ET offsets so they arches are filled...if that turns out to be the case then I’ll have a grey performance set of wheels with near new tyres for sale, anyone interested?

20E353EF-BBF4-4101-82F9-F5E846C42BD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman
Looks ****ing awesome, EcoCloudIT!
( I stuck with Blue for the Plaid+- gorgeous!)

If anyone wanted to know Michael from Lucky Five Motorsport did my install. He can do a lot of things (not just springs) however he did my job in no time, absolute champion....giving him a plug because he really did do a good job.

8/59 Hudsons Road
Spotswood VIC 3015
Phone: 0451 199 456

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman
What’s the new ground clearance now out of interest?

Not measured as yet however it’s a 3.8cm drop....I have a fairly steep entry on my driveway however I’m still clearing it by 3-4cm so it’s pretty good.....I’ve used a moderate drop not low.

I’ll take a measurement later, however, it should be about 9.2cm clearance (stock on a performance is 12.97cm from memory)....if I’m wrong then it’s by 1cm (higher than I think)

DEAC3680-2BB3-4094-A16C-772CDBC5B104.jpeg

Last edited:
hat does look great EcoCloudIT, however in contrast, I'd like more clearance on my M3P. The belly is the issue for me, although I've only ever scraped the rear most jacking points on my mother's driveway.

Just paranoid about damaging that beautiful smooth belly!

IMG_6568.jpg

Last edited:
hat does look great EcoCloudIT, however in contrast, I'd like more clearance on my M3P. The belly is the issue for me, although I've only ever scraped the rear most jacking points on my mother's driveway.

Just paranoid about damaging that beautiful smooth belly!

View attachment 631729

I've just been around to all the speed bumps I normally traverse and at 20km per hour and zero scraping....the lowering I have done is considered "moderate" so line with most BMW 340's etc.....not as low as say a BMW M3 etc.

However, with the variable rate spring it is handling the bumps much much nicer on the softer part of the spring when going over bumps...like hugely noticeably better...and then then when going around corners at speed no boat feeling, rear hanging out etc. (the sways would be helping with this also).

Truely an impressive upgrade for such a small amount of $'s....highly recommended....

• Informative
Reactions: matsoutback
That is a massive drop! Is it adjustable?

I don't think these need to go as low as M3's, RS4's etc, because the Tesla already has a much lower CofG. Interested to see how this goes.

Not adjustable, I didn’t the extra expense and don’t need to fine grain of adjustability. After driving an S for 4 years and near moving it off of the standard height all I needed was exactly what I now have.

I’ve been driving all over town today, many speed bumps etc....no issues at all....handles the road bumps, constructions joins (on the highway) so so so much better/nicer....I am truely amazed at how much better the car is. I was aiming for a better look, a bit better on tight corners but overall with stock soft feel...it’s that a far more...

Ugh, noticed on the weekend a crack along the bottom of the rear glass on my Model 3 - not from impact, and extends across most of the width just above the black glue area. Seems to be a not-uncommon issue. Don't know when it would have happened.

While booking the service appointment, I noticed that Brighton was an option - I wasn't aware of that location previously. Brighton. Not surprised.

Anyway, I presume that this will be covered by warranty.

Gonna ask them to align the charge port which has never sat flush and attach the inner mud shield thing properly (also delivered like that; the cardboard-plastic-like thing inside the wheel arch - mine flaps about four centimeters from the outside of the vehicle one one side, allowing all sorts of crap to get in behind it). Presume asking for one side's headlight to be attached such that it doesn't damage the paint due would be too much (oh, yeah, that's right, too late for that, it's already done it). Hopefully the replacement glass will line up (side-to-side) with the front glass - or wait, now I can't quite remember which piece is the one which isn't centered...

Still a grouss car but sheesh the build quality is ... something I'd caution people about rather than praise.

Cheers, A.

Still a grouss car but sheesh the build quality is ... something I'd caution people about rather than praise.
Sounds like you drew the short straw - pretty annoying. The only two things wrong with mine are the tyre pressure warning icon is stuck permanently on (despite the TPMs working and reporting correctly) and one of the clips holding in the frunk tray has broken, it looks like the tray is slightly misshapen and was always pulling on this clip.

• Love
Reactions: T3SL4A
Not measured as yet however it’s a 3.8cm drop....I have a fairly steep entry on my driveway however I’m still clearing it by 3-4cm so it’s pretty good.....I’ve used a moderate drop not low.

I’ll take a measurement later, however, it should be about 9.2cm clearance (stock on a performance is 12.97cm from memory)....if I’m wrong then it’s by 1cm (higher than I think)

View attachment 631717

Update to this, I have about 10.5cm clearance (at lowest point, more in other spots around the car), stock clearance on a 3 is 14cm.

Ugh, noticed on the weekend a crack along the bottom of the rear glass on my Model 3 - not from impact, and extends across most of the width just above the black glue area. Seems to be a not-uncommon issue. Don't know when it would have happened.

While booking the service appointment, I noticed that Brighton was an option - I wasn't aware of that location previously. Brighton. Not surprised.

Anyway, I presume that this will be covered by warranty.

Gonna ask them to align the charge port which has never sat flush and attach the inner mud shield thing properly (also delivered like that; the cardboard-plastic-like thing inside the wheel arch - mine flaps about four centimeters from the outside of the vehicle one one side, allowing all sorts of crap to get in behind it). Presume asking for one side's headlight to be attached such that it doesn't damage the paint due would be too much (oh, yeah, that's right, too late for that, it's already done it). Hopefully the replacement glass will line up (side-to-side) with the front glass - or wait, now I can't quite remember which piece is the one which isn't centered...

Cheers, A.
Sorry to hear of the problems- hope they are well sorted but thew team at Brighton.
Let everyone know if they don't do a good job.

I've lowered mine 25mm (measured) with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I do occasionally scrape, but actually it's not the battery pack belly that scrapes. It's the sill rails on the sides. Those plastic rail covers are the lowest points, hiding metal body flanges that are also lower than the battery.

I know the metal rail and plastic sills are lower than the "belly". Just not by much, and I'm one of the weirdest car owners around that does inspect these areas from time to time.

depends where you live i guess. In Europe if you are a careful driver lowering isnt a problem. Im QLD i scrape with my Tesla all the time slightly (model 3) - usually on entrances to little shopping malls or certain driveways. Like the pedestrian walk height isnt as "normed" as in europe here.

Around the corner from the Goulburn Supercharger is a shopping centre car park, with an Aldi on one side, and a small centre with a Woolworths on the other. One of the car park entrances on Clinton Street (the one between the Woolworths Express Servo and the Aldi) has a speed hump that I've scraped on in every car I've ever taken into Goulburn (at least 4 cars - a Festiva, two Yarises and the Model 3) - none of which were lowered.

I lived there for a year. If it was busy enough that I didn't think I could attack the hump diagonally, I'd just drive in via the other entrance.