Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What accessories are must haves?
I have been told that our M3LR is due in Brisbane in early June and it will then be shipped up to us in Cairns.
We do little klms so won't be getting a charger. I want a spare wheel - is it best to get that from Tesla? Same with the repair kit and also lock nuts. We won't be going to the snow and the mats that come with the LR seem fine for us two & our dog (we wipe her feet if she gets muddy and we put a large towel across the back seat. Is there anything else that is best to have from the start?
Any advice will be much appreciated.

I have been told that our M3LR is due in Brisbane in early June and it will then be shipped up to us in Cairns.
We do little klms so won't be getting a charger. I want a spare wheel - is it best to get that from Tesla? Same with the repair kit and also lock nuts. We won't be going to the snow and the mats that come with the LR seem fine for us two & our dog (we wipe her feet if she gets muddy and we put a large towel across the back seat. Is there anything else that is best to have from the start?

Get one of these (or similar). Much better than a towel.

I got the front and back bumpers etc wrapped. There is a lot of paint at the front facing directly into the road debris stream and I thought it might accumulate a lot of chips fairly quickly.

An organiser box for the front storage pocket near the phone pad

A little organiser box for the space under the armrest - Taptes has them. I put charging cables that accomodate lightning, microUSB and USB C ports - Nomad sell them - for back seat passengers needing device power.

I got a Matt wrap for the centre console to cover the piano black finish which looked amazing clean, but gets filthy fast. I think things have changed.

A 3D printed screw on hook that goes on an exposed bolt in the roof of the boot on the right hand side. For hanging grocery bags to keep the upright.

A set of jack pucks to stop the battery getting damaged when jacking.

Wraps for the door sill plates.

A wireless charging pad for the phone mounts - I think the new version of the car has that already.

Oscar and Hamish frunk luggage to hold charging cables - I don’t put groceries in the frunk, it gets too warm.

I also got their battery bags for fun - they are great fun to reveal in the lower boot compartment.

Mine came with factory fitted frunk hooks. Not sure if that is still the case.

I eventually got the screens for the roof - tall passengers in the back with not much hair can feel the heat on hot days even though the cabin is quite comfortable.

You definitely need a Type 2 charging cable for BYO charging spots.

I also have adaptors for 20A & 32A 3 phase outlets as well as a caravan plug adaptor. All go into the mobile charger. Look around, there are more efficient adaptor/charging systems on the market now.

Join Tesla Owners Club of Australia for meetings, information and cable sharing

Get PlugShare and A Better Route Planner apps.

I use Tezlab app to track electricity costs etc

Read my suggestions in the context of a Model 3 that was bought 18 months ago and there have been some design changes since.

Mudflaps. I got nice ones from AliExpress, they fit perfectly and look good. And stop a lot of crap hitting the duco.

I also got good quality stick-ons for the door buttons to make it clearer they are the door buttons, and red warning triangles for the emergency release latches. From Abstract Ocean.

Charging cables and adaptors for the UMC and public chargers - depending on what kind of driving you plan to do around Cairns and what type of chargers are in your area.

Tyre plug kit with tools.

Get one of these (or similar). Much better than a towel.

Read my suggestions in the context of a Model 3 that was bought 18 months ago and there have been some design changes since.

Mudflaps. I got nice ones from AliExpress, they fit perfectly and look good. And stop a lot of crap hitting the duco.

I also got good quality stick-ons for the door buttons to make it clearer they are the door buttons, and red warning triangles for the emergency release latches. From Abstract Ocean.

Charging cables and adaptors for the UMC and public chargers - depending on what kind of driving you plan to do around Cairns and what type of chargers are in your area.

Tyre plug kit with tools.
I got the front and back bumpers etc wrapped. There is a lot of paint at the front facing directly into the road debris stream and I thought it might accumulate a lot of chips fairly quickly.

An organiser box for the front storage pocket near the phone pad

A little organiser box for the space under the armrest - Taptes has them. I put charging cables that accomodate lightning, microUSB and USB C ports - Nomad sell them - for back seat passengers needing device power.

I got a Matt wrap for the centre console to cover the piano black finish which looked amazing clean, but gets filthy fast. I think things have changed.

A 3D printed screw on hook that goes on an exposed bolt in the roof of the boot on the right hand side. For hanging grocery bags to keep the upright.

A set of jack pucks to stop the battery getting damaged when jacking.

Wraps for the door sill plates.

A wireless charging pad for the phone mounts - I think the new version of the car has that already.

Oscar and Hamish frunk luggage to hold charging cables - I don’t put groceries in the frunk, it gets too warm.

I also got their battery bags for fun - they are great fun to reveal in the lower boot compartment.

Mine came with factory fitted frunk hooks. Not sure if that is still the case.

I eventually got the screens for the roof - tall passengers in the back with not much hair can feel the heat on hot days even though the cabin is quite comfortable.

You definitely need a Type 2 charging cable for BYO charging spots.

I also have adaptors for 20A & 32A 3 phase outlets as well as a caravan plug adaptor. All go into the mobile charger. Look around, there are more efficient adaptor/charging systems on the market now.

Join Tesla Owners Club of Australia for meetings, information and cable sharing

Get PlugShare and A Better Route Planner apps.

I use Tezlab app to track electricity costs etc
Thanks heaps for those suggestions. I will go with many of those suggestions.

Reactions: Hairyman
I've already got the SMS saying that there's a car assigned to my order! The question is, will they keep it assigned to me for long enough... it would be disappointing to have to pass it up and wait for the next ship but it's $2600 ...
Update on this one. I received an SMS last week (20 May) saying my car was ready to be delivered to me on 2 June, followed up by a phone call saying it was in the Melbourne delivery centre right now!

But the government had only just formalised their cabinet ministers and the stamp duty waiver legislation/announcement had not yet occurred.

So sadly... I had to decline delivery, meaning my order is cancelled and I will have to re-apply later.

Well, I didn't *have* to, but it's basically $2650 of free money... and waiting a couple of months is going to allow me to increase my deposit so will keep my monthly payment down.

If anyone here orders a blue SR+ with standard interior and wheels and gets told they can pick it up immediately... you can thank me!

So how often are the ships? Every 3 months? :)