Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day, another disappointment. Anyone want to place bets on when they actually think orders will open?
I've had very logical reasons as to why I've thought orders would have opened already.
All have fallen through so far.

Went to the Brisbane showroom on the weekend. They told me they still had no idea. I doubt Martin Place has any better info.

I don't think local Tesla team members know for certain but a couple of owners, including myself, have been told, separately and by different local staff, that they think orders will open tomorrow or Thursday. Just to be clear, I'm not making a prediction either way. But I am feeling hopeful. :)

How do you think this will play out?
1. Would reservation holders get an early non-public link to a configuration page, or
2. Everyone get access to a config page, then reservation holders get priority in the order of production / delivery. Or
3. Will our reservation be a waste of effort, ie, no advantage...?
Thoughts?

Tesla has historically changed its prices occasionally when there is a big swing in USD/AUD exchange.
I think they will price the M3 proportionally to the MS/MX.
The whole fleet might shift up or down in price in the future if exchange changes, but the fact that they haven't changed MS/MX prices in response to recent fluctuations encourages me.

What’s worrying me at the moment is the Aussie dollar falling faster than Tony Abbott’s popularity
This worries me a great deal already.

The AUD to USD rate may recover some once the election finishes. I suspect the exchange market sinks a bit before the elections because of the uncertainty about the outcome to the country but may recover that once there is a set direction for the next few years for the country.
I certainly hope you are right!

Flip a coin. The US market is the driver - when it tanks, so does our dollar with a flight to USD safety. When it rallies, our dollar should as well.

On average, the $A has drifted sideways to down slightly after elections.

SHANE-ELECTION3.png

Source: Thomson Reuters, AMP Capital

Sorry to burst any bubbles but I understand the fall in the AUD$ is dropping commodity prices caused by a softening in demand from China as a result of the US/China trade war. Not expecting it to go up until the trade war is resolved.
Happy to be wrong.