Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my main issue is that some of my regular trips with LR RWD would not need any charging on the way, but with SR+ I would have to change the route a bit and would need to charge as it wont make it without a charge on route directly. I have not really decided if I will give in and order SR+ or if I can still hold on for a little longer. I suspect that after driving it, it might be even more difficult to wait and that might be the reason they are offering test drives, to push people that are on the edge...
Will have to see how we go.
Those of us waiting for LR RWD need to stay strong!

Reactions: TPerth and baillies
As far as I know the New Zealand government has given the contract to manufacture custom plates to an Australian company.
Make sense as the volume of custom plates for New Zealand is probably quite low.
I don't know where the standard New Zealand plates are made.

Unless they've changed companies in the last few years, the NZ plates are all manufactured in NZ. LicenSys is based in Australia, but they do have an NZ factory for handling the NZ plates contracts. Technically they're not entirely Australian anymore either, as they were bought by a German licence plate manufacturer several years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: Zfactor and T3SLA3
IMG_20190810_094950.jpg
Just called in to the Auckland store and saw one lucky family picking up their new Model P3+ with white seats.
Handover seemed quick. 10-15 minutes.

Just a update on my experience with the the New Zealand 'Delivery Form':

On Wednesday evening I completed the delivery form and submitted it.
  • I entered my home address (Christchurch) and submitted that item. Then I couldn't view or change it. Bugger :(
    I was expecting an option to 'pickup from the Auckland Sales Center'.
  • It gave an option for 'Standard Plates' or 'Custom Plates'.
    I selected 'Custom Plates' / 'T3SLA3'.
After form submission I clicked 'Change Delivery Details' and left a note I would pickup from Auckland Sales Center.

Today I got an email from my 'Delivery Advisor' David Robertson that my delivery location had been changed to Auckland.
I discussed with him the custom plates and ended up changing back to 'Standard Plates'
(VIN needed to manufacture custom plates in Australia -> Christchurch -> Auckland, 2 weeks before delivery = too risky).
Once I get the car back to Christchurch I can order the custom plates, fit them myself, and do the paperwork.

Looking at my Account [Manage] web page source:
  • I have a VIN=5YJ3F7EB3KF489058. I expect it will disappear soon.
  • Configuration: Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance, Red Multi-Coat Paint, 2019, 2019 Aero Wheels, All Black Premium Interior, Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability
Unless they've changed companies in the last few years, the NZ plates are all manufactured in NZ. LicenSys is based in Australia, but they do have an NZ factory for handling the NZ plates contracts. Technically they're not entirely Australian anymore either, as they were bought by a German licence plate manufacturer several years ago.

The company did change a couple of years back.

The Model S ones came in either 2.5m or 7m lengths, if they're anything like those.

I spoke with the Tesla rep (Australia) about a week ago and enquired about this.

the M3 wall charger that comes with the car is the 7m variant configurable to single or three phase with a variety of amp ratings selectable. I have the installation manual for the wall charger.

if the 7m is not suitable you can order the short variant separately (at the time of asking it was 500$US)

Hope this answers your question.

[QUOTE="Miggy, post: 3909331, member: 26118"Just called in to the Auckland store and saw one lucky family picking up their new Model P3+ with white seats.
Handover seemed quick. 10-15 minutes.

Hope that's a photoshop you put in of their number plate, or you asked them at least before posting......[/QUOTE]
Yeah I hope while they are driving it they cover it up to? lol what?