Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally predicted that the first Model 3s would be delivered here on day 1234 (i.e. today, 1234 days after the reveal and opening of reservations).

With the Cap Capricorn berthing yesterday, I reckon that’s pretty darn close :)

I look forward to reading all the reports here of the first owners taking possession in the next week or so!

Still no white interior on LR AWD in the Configurator :(

Just need to take matters into your own hand.. ;)

upload_2019-8-17_11-14-26.png

I originally predicted that the first Model 3s would be delivered here on day 1234 (i.e. today, 1234 days after the reveal and opening of reservations).

With the Cap Capricorn berthing yesterday, I reckon that’s pretty darn close :)

I look forward to reading all the reports here of the first owners taking possession in the next week or so!

Well, I said before that I believe the Model 3s will arrive neither late nor early, but precisely when Elon means for them to arrive ...

I did notice when I had to look at trading in my old car, that it's date of manufacture was 24.08.1994. Now I wonder if the old lady will get to celebrate her 25th birthday (for those not aware, 1 car year is exactly 4.44 human years).

According to my VIN, I might be looking at a September delivery. My concern is that my old car is beginning to look a bit faded - like butter that has been spread too thinly across bread...

I think she is ready for her last journey... into the West

.... but every end is also a new beginning!

• Funny
Reactions: paul3
Is the current thinking that those without a VIN in the source yet, won’t get delivery in the first shipment?
That's a theory. But if you look at what happened in the UK, even some of those with SC vins have seen them removed and their deliveries delayed. Nothing's certain until you get an invoice with your vin, and even then ... :p

Last edited:
Is the current thinking that those without a VIN in the source yet, won’t get delivery in the first shipment?
My feeling, based on nothing, is that the source vins are random and irrelevant, at least so far. Of course, I could certainly be biased by the fact that mine has disappeared!

But, it's not clear that the source vins are assigned to high priority orders (existing owner, early res, premium config, etc).

Just need to take matters into your own hand.. ;)
Yes, but did you actually pay a deposit? :)

It’s very tempting to try that strategy, but it may be an unsuccessful one, and could lead to all sorts of drama getting the deposit back or transferred to another order. Client-side manipulation of an online ordering page is probably a ‘get-out-of-jail free card’ for any vendor.

I have not heard of any sr+ Australian hidden vins yet, and history elsewhere says performance first, employees, then existing owners, then reservation holder order (history has some exceptions though)
Put it this way, you have 4432xx-4440xx number, fall into the preference order above, you are feeling better than someone who doesn’t. But hidden vins have come and gone. About 7 days before delivery will be the invoice, so If that holds, next Friday website change makes sense to me to start seeing invoices, if logistics are 2 weeks - if no delay at Autonexus, and you are in the Sydney area.

Nothing is certain until the invoice.

Can anyone explain the difference between the P- and LR AWD? What did these magic unicorns provide that doesn't exist on the LR AWD model?

The P- has the 3.4s acceleration unlocked. Whether it also has different motors is not clear. The rumour started when some Performance model people had their cars delivered as AWDs and the service centre had to unlock them.
However, given that those were early production models it is not clear whether they just used the same motors for the P and the AWD back in those days. They may be different now and it might not be possible to turn an AWD into a P-...

• Informative
Reactions: jontyh
Has anyone worked out if there is any correlation between assigned VIN and priority?
I queued at the Sydney store 3.5 years ago to make my reservation, I was about 10th in line. I ordered my P3- within 30mins of ordering opening and have never changed my order. I’m VIN488243, which seemingly isn’t in the first batch. I’ll be a little annoyed if I’m not in the first batch...

• Love
Reactions: one4spl