Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: jontyh
I’m reffing to the 5 in 1 hub not the QI charger.
The hub will keep the SSD I have on order out of sight and keep the car cable free (ish).
I've ordered one and it was supposed to ship about 10 days ago. Got an email this week saying that the first batch (not my order number) had some minor cabling issues which were fixed. New shipping date for orders is August 26 onwards.

At least they're clearer with timelines than Tesla is................................................................................. hahahahahahaha :(

Has anyone bitten the bullet and purchased the Jedi 5 in 1 USB charging hub for the model 3?
Works out pretty expensive when shipped to Australia. $145 AUD
Looks like a must have after market accessory.
Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub

I ordered the USB hub and wireless charger on July 31. it hasn't arrived yet (but thanks for reminding me to follow up).
Final cost in AUD was $312.32

• Informative
Reactions: Kangojack
just got an email response from melbournedelivery email address:

"The final invoice is now ready and has been attached to this email.

It is a known bug that it will show Richmond for other states, such as WA. It will be delivered directly to the delivery address you have listed on your account.

The current date and time is tentative; at this point it is too early to be able to tell exactly when cars will be able to come, so it may shift within a few days. At least 7 days before the delivery date, we will be in contact with you to schedule a firm delivery date and time.

If we have organised a firm delivery date and time and you need to reschedule, you can send us an email and we can work to find a suitable time. Please note that as per your order agreement, you will need to take delivery within seven days of your vehicle being ready for delivery. Again, this information can be confirmed closer to the date so you will know specific dates and time.
"

The last paragraph was in response to my question regarding moving my appointment (I'm doing a month of FIFO starting August 29 - yay what timing!)

Has anyone bitten the bullet and purchased the Jedi 5 in 1 USB charging hub for the model 3?
Works out pretty expensive when shipped to Australia. $145 AUD
Looks like a must have after market accessory.
Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub

Are there any reviews on how well this works? I've been reading the model 3 manual and it specifically says not to use any USB hubs....

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 9.28.18 am.png

just got an email response from melbournedelivery email address:

"The final invoice is now ready and has been attached to this email.

It is a known bug that it will show Richmond for other states, such as WA. It will be delivered directly to the delivery address you have listed on your account.

The current date and time is tentative; at this point it is too early to be able to tell exactly when cars will be able to come, so it may shift within a few days. At least 7 days before the delivery date, we will be in contact with you to schedule a firm delivery date and time.

If we have organised a firm delivery date and time and you need to reschedule, you can send us an email and we can work to find a suitable time. Please note that as per your order agreement, you will need to take delivery within seven days of your vehicle being ready for delivery. Again, this information can be confirmed closer to the date so you will know specific dates and time.
"

The last paragraph was in response to my question regarding moving my appointment (I'm doing a month of FIFO starting August 29 - yay what timing!)

Maybe make it drive in drive out!

• Funny
Reactions: andygen21
Yikes. RACV quotes me $2000 per year insurance (comprehensive), Shannons $3300. Disappointing as I'm with Shannons for home and the other car. But even $2k seems a lot to me (never owned a car this expensive before, no way near). I understand there's discussion on Facebook about Model 3 insurance - for those of us not on Facebook, any recommendations?

Yikes. RACV quotes me $2000 per year insurance (comprehensive), Shannons $3300. Disappointing as I'm with Shannons for home and the other car. But even $2k seems a lot to me (never owned a car this expensive before, no way near). I understand there's discussion on Facebook about Model 3 insurance - for those of us not on Facebook, any recommendations?
Just received a RACQ quote for SR+ with $650 excess and 2 year new car replacement and window screen cover for $965 py
Way cheaper than any other quote I have received

Reactions: andygen21