Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if I believed the "short sellers" of Tesla stock (which I don't), they are permanently at risk of going under and you point would be very pertinent. However, as I seem to be creating friction by discussing the situation here on the forum I'll won't expand on the subject any more.
Nah, the shorts were mostly day trader opportunists trying to make a buck off the few large fossil fuel mates helping with FUD. TSLA is more stable now and there are too many support levels - especially at $180 or thereabouts.

Good news SR+ people! I just dropped in to Tesla Brisbane and checked out the white SR+ that they are using for test drives and notice that the wheels are equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres! Spoke to the sales rep and he said they are standard on the AU delivered SR+

From what I have read, I thought the SR+ was going to come with Michelin Primacy MXM4 like in the US. This had me concerned as from all accounts it is an average tyre. As a lot of you know, tyres can have a serious impact on a cars ride and handling. Pilot Sport 4 were on my short list if I decided that the stock tyres weren’t good enough so this has made me happy!

Will be even happier when I get a delivery date but this has tided me over for now :)

Nah, the shorts were mostly day trader opportunists trying to make a buck off the few large fossil fuel mates helping with FUD. TSLA is more stable now and there are too many support levels - especially at $180 or thereabouts.
Yes I agree. Plenty of cash to keep them going for a few more years yet..... I'm also confidentant that Telsa will become a profitable company in time.

Reactions: Techno-phile
Good news SR+ people! I just dropped in to Tesla Brisbane and checked out the white SR+ that they are using for test drives and notice that the wheels are equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres! Spoke to the sales rep and he said they are standard on the AU delivered SR+

From what I have read, I thought the SR+ was going to come with Michelin Primacy MXM4 like in the US. This had me concerned as from all accounts it is an average tyre. As a lot of you know, tyres can have a serious impact on a cars ride and handling. Pilot Sport 4 were on my short list if I decided that the stock tyres weren’t good enough so this has made me happy!

Will be even happier when I get a delivery date but this has tided me over for now :)

I am still there at the Brisbane store. Cements my decision on SR+

• Informative
Reactions: Kangojack
I didn’t look down!
only did screen stuff, music quality
panel gaps and plugs. I only saw the 10a and 15a plugs. No blue plug spotted. It is out on a test drive now.
Panel gaps were better on this one than the performance I saw last week.

Satellite maps is not an issue.
Music sounded fantastic. Well, much better than i have now anyway
Am not missing Spotify if I can pair with phone or USB music.

No regrets going cheaper

No regrets going cheaper
That's my summary too...
About the only thing I will miss from my current car is the automatic parking.

In my test drive yesterday I kept on accidentally cancelling the automatic cruise control steering. Need to learn to "just keep my hands on the steering wheel" and not use any pressure.

Last edited:

No regrets going cheaper
The Model S I drove a few months ago had Spotify. Does it come with the P3D+ or is it not available to the Model 3 line?

Hey all,

In collaboration with @Vedaprime I've now updated the responses spreadsheet.
If you've been able to supply a VIN number, you'll now see the ship name and the arrival date that your car MAY be on (assuming your VIN stays with you and doesn't change and that our data is accurate (it's look to be extremely accurate so far)).

Let's make sure we are keeping this spreadsheet up to date, so if you need your personal edit link, email me at [email protected] and I can provide it to you.

Ive also included some dynamic chart on the 'Values' sheet as well.

Thanks everyone, best of luck for your deliveries!

AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)

AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form

So you can still get the high power charger option? I thought that was canned a while back..
There used to an option to have two 11kw chargers (22kw) under the rear seat but with the facelift Model S they went to a choice of single 11kw or 17kw. I found it interesting when I saw them on the floor of the factory because I assumed 11kw was software restricted. The Model 3 charger looked slightly different to the other two.

• Informative
Reactions: aegidius
The option for SR downgrade has been available in USA, but is not available in Australia. Same for the order by phone. Tesla specifically states that on the Australian FAQ page:
Are there any ‘off menu’ configurations available?
No. Currently the only vehicles on offer in Australia & New Zealand are those available on the website.

Order and Delivery - Model 3
When you look at that FAQ page for USA or Europe, they do not have that off-menu restriction.
Thanks I wasn't aware of that. I did have one in mind. Seems like Tesla should have given us this option after such a long wait, I guess it will be available in time.

Reactions: tom_kauf
When tesla called to sort out my Canberra delivery, I was told it’s basically delivered on a flatbed, I sign and the car is mine. If I have any questions can call a 1-800 number. Obv the tow truck driver isn’t going to offer any assistance lol
Tesla delivery staff used to personally drive your new S or X to Canberra from Sydney or you had the option to pick the car up with an unregistered vehicle permit. The flatbed sounds like a better option as your car doesn't arrive with 300km and covered in bugs ;)
Here is a video of a Model 3 on a flatbed in Melbourne a couple of days ago

without protection surely the car will be quite scratched?

I'm sure it will be fine. If it's super scratched or damaged I'll take photos and claim through the carrier's insurance or through Tesla as per their terms. Because the title will have passed when it is loaded, I'll be able to seek compensation instead of just a repair. I'd rather have the money anyways and fix it when selling the car in a year or two. Lol small scratch in the bumper could equal $5000. :p